• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Items on the beach overnight

New posts
Way to educate, Dr. Skunky :clap: :biggrin:

A little bit of educating, a whole lot of instilling the fear of God in the kid so he will never go near a dune again. I was polite; I just yold him that a kid in Destin died in a landslide doing what he was doing (which may be true, or it may not be, it was a little white lie). His dad was there but he was supervising the construction of a tidal pool of death for a bunch of those sea slugs his other kids were harvesting.:angry:
 
Did the kid have parents? My rear would have been red as a spring breaker if I did something like that!
His parents are probably two of the many who come to eat at Hibiscus, leaving the door open after they enter. They must forget that we live in Florida and have air-conditioners running in the summer.
 
My family wants to comply with the new ordinance. My question is, my brother-in-law is bringing his catamaran, does he need to remove the cat from the beach every night? Last year he just left it next to the private stairs.
 
My family wants to comply with the new ordinance. My question is, my brother-in-law is bringing his catamaran, does he need to remove the cat from the beach every night? Last year he just left it next to the private stairs.

If somebody wants a formerly red kayak, now slowly turning pink from the sun, it's been chained to the Eastern Lake walkover since about this time last year. It was still there a coupla weeks ago.

I'd call that leaving an item on the beach overnight.
 
It's that whole mentality about "I'm paying thousands of dollars for my vacation. I should get to do whatever the hell I want." Even if it's leaving their trash and debris all over the place.

I'd say only about 2% of the people have that huge sense of self-entitlement that manifests in those kids of ways. But that 2% causes all sorts of problems for the turthles and the other 98% of everyone.
 
beachmouse, sadly, i think 2% is a low estimate.

And sad to say, the sense of self-entitlement seems to extend to quite a few property owners as well. We have one in our neighborhood who has successfully alienated all the rest of us...
 
I am wanting to comply with the new ordinance. Give me a break here. I don't feel I'm entitled to leave my items on the beach simply because I'm putting out thousands of dollars for my week at the beach. My family usually leaves the beach cleaner after we leave. We are always picking up trash that other people leave behind. I asked the question because I want to comply with the new ordinance. Thanks for your rude answer and jumping to conclusions about my character.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top