• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jellyfish

New posts

Coast is Clear

Beach Lover
During the last day of our stay in Seaside, Sat 21st, the water seemed to get a little cooler, which was great, but small jellyfish showed up :shock: . The water remained very clear and there were also more dolphin offshore.

Are the jellyfish a seasonal occurance, or did they just come in with the cold water, or was there another reason?
 
marinebiology451 said:
colder=deeper, so the water was pushed up as the offshore wind pushed the warmer beach water out
I see a lot more of them during the cooler fall & spring months than I do during the deep summer. That's just an empirically-based observation, though--I'm no marine biologist, nor do I play one on TV, and last night I did not stay at the Holiday Inn but slept in my old, rickety bed after too many beers and too much dancin' to de zydeco at de Seabar, so I will defer to MarineBiologist on this subject. :lol:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top