• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jellyfish

New posts

grgreen

Beach Crab
Scheduled to make a trip down in a few weeks. I have heard some stories about the jellyfish blooming pretty hard. How bad is it? Is it worse more toward the west?
 
:welcome:

Not sure where your hearing it from. There are a few here and there, but not as bad as some years. I'd say about average for the Gulf.
 
We were out yesterday and despite the purple flag, we didn't encounter any. If they were there, they would have found my daughter. They seem to be attracted to her. It was beautiful yesterday...:D
 
The kids spent sunset yesterday catching jellies in their nets at Seaside. I don't know how many were stinging jellies and how many weren't but the kids didn't want to go swimming anymore. There was only one person in the water and she didn't seem to be encountering any.
 
I'm on the Western end of 30-A and there were a few small clear ones, but I saw none that were of the stinging variety yesterday. Of course, it only takes a couple days for that to change. The Nettle Jellies were thick at Navarre two weeks ago.
 
23126934.jpg


If they were face down I don't think jellies were the issue. :funn:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top