• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jetski - Sea Doo in Destin

New posts

cmspeer

Beach Crab
Long time visitor of Destin/Walton from Charlotte, NC but have never brought my own jetski down before. I would like to do that this time as to have our own jetskis with us to ride. How do I go about doing this? Is there a public launch for Jetskis or can I just drop it in the water from our buildings beach access? Please help! THANKS!
 
cmspeer said:
Long time visitor of Destin/Walton from Charlotte, NC but have never brought my own jetski down before. I would like to do that this time as to have our own jetskis with us to ride. How do I go about doing this? Is there a public launch for Jetskis or can I just drop it in the water from our buildings beach access? Please help! THANKS!

:welcome: I hear there are ramps on either end of the 331 bridge. If you own property, have a 4 wheel drive vehicle and obtain a drive on and launch permit, you could launch at Grayton Beach. :cool:


BTW.... when you attempt this the 1st time I would like to be there to watch :laughing1
 
If you are staying in Destin, there are plenty of places to launch and ride.

In SoWal, beach launching of jet skis is not allowed, unless you are the property owner and launching behind your own house. There are plenty of places to launch in the bay and bayous. Idle speed only in the bayous.
 
Yup, we brought down a few and launched them near the 331 bridge. It's not very convenient though due to the absence of amenities. Wish there were a marina nearby. We are currently looking for bay-access property so we can do boating activities there and beach activities at our 30-A house.
 
where's closest place to Watercolor to rent jetskis? Can you rent them for use in the ocean or only the bay?
 
skier said:
where's closest place to Watercolor to rent jetskis? Can you rent them for use in the ocean or only the bay?

You can get them on the beach in Destin just over the Okaloosa County line.
 
Unfortunately, if you're into SeaDoo's or boating, 30-A isn't convenient at this point in time. Kayaks are your best bet, and they're great exercise, I might add. You'll have to go to Destin or PC for power boating activities. That is, until our plans for development on the bay come to fruition. Unfortunately, our last visit to look at property on the bay felt like a "Deliverance" experience. My daughter and husband started humming the "Dueling Banjos" theme song. We were afraid that we city folks would get fried for lunch by the trailer occupants who were giving us the evil eye.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top