• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jim 'n Nicks

New posts
Don't know if it's the same ownership, but it looks like there's one going into the space Ruby Tuesday used to have over by the Destin Walmart.
 
I always thought it was pretty good for franchise BBQ. There are a couple in Atlanta. They sure think a lot of their own food, though. Dang...it's expensive compared to most other places...
 
We enjoy the one in Birmingham AL (just west of 65 South). We try to arrange meal stops there when traveling. If we have time, we dine in. Otherwise food to go. Nice people. They spoke nicely of our fans and teams that are in the area often. Thank you. Ellen
 
If you do have to make the Niceville trek, also stop into Chaisson's market tucked behind the Niceville McDonald's for some thaw and bake homemade bread and interesting cajun/creole offerings. (They also do good takeout lunch and Saturday morning fresh beignets)
 
UofL:

There is actually another, newer Jim N' Nick's just off of I-65 as you pass through Birmingham, at the Colonial Promenade shopping center in Alabaster (Wal-Mart/Lowe's outparcel - up on the hill, Exit 238). In that same center is another local BBQ favorite, Full Moon BBQ, which is probably my favorite of the two. Be aware that Full Moon puts chow-chow on their sandwiches (I love it but some order it without). There's also a Jim N' Nick's off of I-65 in Prattville; I think it's Exit 179 and to the right. There are many more places I could tell you about, but this is a "Quick Reply."

~Everytime
(an expert of Birmingham's BBQ and hot dog establishments)
 
I can confirm it is the same owners of Jim N Nicks at Baytowne that are opening in the old Ruby Tuesday's location in front of Beall's Department Store. (The plaza just west of Walmart)

Are you sure it is closed at Baytowne? I saw someone in there cleaning early the other morning.

There are a LOT of things dried up at Baytowne, have you noticed?
 
the daughter of a friend works at jim 'n nicks & she said they were closing (or already have closed--not sure which) the one at baytowne. so that is correct information.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top