• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Josh's June real estate graphs

New posts
Very interesting charts. It appears that prices have fallen appropriately and might actually rise a bit once the inventory clears out. Looks like that will take awhile though.
 
I did some projections on the average price, if you project out from the 300K average of 2001 to now with 3-5% annual appreciation, the current average matches up perfectly. So generally the correction in home prices for those that sell is almost complete. I'm curious though if we will see an over correction before things level out.
 
I bought in Walton Co.....can you get the stats on that or did he include Walton and Okaloosa together? Based upon these stats, looks like I am still ahead of the game. That's a good thang! Whew!
 
I bought in Walton Co.....can you get the stats on that or did he include Walton and Okaloosa together? Based upon these stats, looks like I am still ahead of the game. That's a good thang! Whew!

I think it was a combination of the two counties.

What did you decide to buy Lynie and and when? Congrats on your purchase, whatever it was. :D
 
I think it was a combination of the two counties.

What did you decide to buy Lynie and and when? Congrats on your purchase, whatever it was. :D

A cottage in 2002, I think. :idontno:, maybe '03. I think the correction has over corrected slightly. However, sales are probably slow due to the tightness of money. Am hearing cash sales have increased in Walton Co.
 
I'm curious though if we will see an over correction before things level out.

I'd take that bet. Add higher unemployment; tight credit; more foreclosures; blown-out 401k's; non-retiring Baby Boomers; and subtract "Vacation Homes for Fun and Profit" and the sum total = over correction.
 
I'd take that bet. Add higher unemployment; tight credit; more foreclosures; blown-out 401k's; non-retiring Baby Boomers; and subtract "Vacation Homes for Fun and Profit" and the sum total = over correction.

Add in hnooe's dream of much higher taxes on a certain population and voila...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top