• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

June 4th trip questions

New posts

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
A few questions for the locals before head down June 4th:

How is the water clarity? We are staying in a gulf front duplex in Seagrove & looking very forward to it. I didn't know if I needed to pack my snorkel gear or not.

I'm thinking about some fishing while I'm there, but don't really care for deep sea fishing. Does Eastern Lake have good fishing fom the shores?

Also, the kids are looking forward to the beach. Hopefully there is enough sand for them to build a few samll sand castles?

Thanks for any responses I might get.
 
I was at Seacrest Beach last week and the water was very clear and there is plenty of sand for sand castles. But I think the clarity of the water changes based on the weather. The locals will know more about that. Have a great time and we can't wait until we get there mid-July.
 
You can catch fish in the lake or off the beach.

The water clarity does indeed depend on the preceding weather. Also, June grass and algae can also green it up with warmer water. Our summer is a little late this year so maybe the June Grass will come in June this year instead of May like the last few years.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top