• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Just Now

New posts
WOW, :clap_1: I think that's one of the best yet! I love the variations in color. Looks like the phone may be a winner.
Thanks, that made my morning, and I needed it. :wub:

I didn't notice SJ's picture from last night, that one is cool too. :clap_1:
 
Wow glad you are safe,:lol: The bay had funn with us the other night, will post in seperate thread.
Thanks for the pics.......they are great!!
 
John R...I must have missed this thread somehow and just read your harrowing story! I am so glad you made it out of that situation!!! My heart was pumping just reading the story!
 
Sueshore said:
John R...I must have missed this thread somehow and just read your harrowing story! I am so glad you made it out of that situation!!! My heart was pumping just reading the story!

me too kitty - glad you are safe and sound john r - things are replaceable, people ain't...
 
Beautiful JR!
 
John R, thinking more about your scarey incident at sea, I am reminded that too often, we forget that we need to practice/train for worse case scenerios. Most of the time, there is never an incident, but what if there were? What if my kayak began taking on water from a small crack, and I was too far out and the currents were strong? What would I do? Should I have packed that life jacket which I keep in the car? What if I, like you, get dumped out in deep water? Will I be able to climb back on? The last time I fell off my kayak was when I was riding a decent wave onto the beach. It dumped me hard, face first, onto the hard beach sand. Ouch! ... but what if I were way out and a Shark dumped me? Would I be able to calmly get back on my kayak?

We need to be able to handle those tough, and hopefully rare, situations that are not common. I think we can apply this to all aspects of life. Thanks for the gentle (on my part) reminder. Again, glad you made it back.
 
John R said:
thanks to mr. SJ for covering while i'm down, great pic. sky looks quite angry.

from expensive :eek: phone w/camera(among many other things). the young gentleman at the alltel store worked me.

bay2006-08-01.jpg

another masterpiece...maybe I can see that in 21 days.
 
Wow, scary story! Glad to hear you made it back okay. I think you just gave me the motivation to go ahead and add those bulkheads to my kayak this weekend.
 
last night. too late for sunset, but some great color to the north. hopefully this is the last photo taken with the phone as camera arrived yesterday. now i just need to learn how to use it, and get a waterprof case. see you when i get back from telluride.

bay2006-08-07.jpg
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top