• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Just so you are aware.................

New posts
Curtis said:
I have a unit @ Affordable Storage on Sugar Dr. off 98. It was broken into and a couple of thousand dollars worth of equipment is now gone. If you have a unit there I recommend a heavy duty lock and renters insurance. The thief actually replaced my lock and put on theirs. Perhaps they were planning to come back and finish off the contents at a later time?

Curtis
:shock:
That really stinks Curtis. Sorry for your loss and your feelings of violation. I have been robbed too, and it made me feel weak and vulnerable.

The thief may have replaced the lock hoping you lived elsewhere and no one would notice the break in until much later in time after he/she hocked the goods for some meth.

I am unfamiliar with that storage facility, but if you are interested in another place, the storage place on Don Bishop (I think) has climate control and is completed fenced in with one way in and out and security cameras and a staff person on duty in the hours it is open, which may help deter some thieves if there are easier picks out there.
 
Now that I think about it, I believe the climate storage facility I mentioned is on South Church St. I will gladly confirm and get the number if you need it.
 
Hey SJ can I get that number also, we are looking for a climate control also. We are price shopping.
 
I am sorry for your loss Curtis...what a bummer. :(
 
JT said:
Hey SJ can I get that number also, we are looking for a climate control also. We are price shopping.
I will try to get it today and post it here.

Edit: Okay, that was fast. I was wrong twice on the street name. It is on Mussett Bayou Rd. I have been told it is climate controlled, but please confirm. I do not use a storage facility and I would hate to give you incorrect info.

Controlled Self Storage
850-267-4580
103 Mussett Bayou Rd
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
 
Ditto on CONTROLLED SELF STORAGE. I actually got this recommendation previously on this board. Rented a space there in January and am very very pleased. Fenced, gated, manager lives on-site.
Sorry Curtis for your loss.....know it must be maddening!

Controlled Self Storage
850-267-4580
103 Mussett Bayou Rd
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459[/QUOTE]
 
We have stuff at Controlled Self Storage and have never had any problems. Be aware though that climate controlled means just that. The air temperature in the units is moderated, but not heated and cooled like your home.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top