• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Just Visited

New posts

swrainey

Beach Comber
I just got back from a week in Seacrest. I lurked this forum for a little while before the visit just to see what was going on in the area.

The june grass was only dissapointing to me because it messed with my surf fishing. I came down a few weeks earlier last year and caught Pompano, Flounder, Whiting, and Redfish.... all which made for some good eating. I think I will plan on coming down the first week of May next year.

I fished off the Panama city peir and the only thing around that day was Hardtail and Remora and some Sheepshead that wouldn't take the bait.

Caught a blowfish, sheepshead, and another unidenified fish at Camp Helen.

We went to St Andrews a few times and it had some very nice beaches and no june grass on the other side of the jetties.

Even with the june grass, seacrest beach was very nice. Out past the first 10 yards the water was beautiful and it made for some good sailing on a 4 seater Hobie Cat.

I've really enjoyed lurking on this board while looking forward to my trip.
 
We only ate 3 times and we ended up going to J Micheals in Panama city and Boon Docks. My father in law goes to Panama City a bit and wanted us to visit these places.

I would love to hear what you guys think of resteraunts around 30A for next time.
 
If you do a search of "restaurant" on this message board, you'll see many good recommendations. Our favorite places in the Seacrest area (that's where we are) are Seacrest cafe (great Carvel icecream and location -- you can watch the fountain from there), Shades, Fonville Press for coffee/bakery items and wireless Internet access. Haven't tried the other places in the Seacrest/Rosemary Beach area yet.

And I'm trying to stick to just eating 3 times a day! :funn:
 
BoonDocks is great.....love it!!!:clap_1:
swrainey said:
We only ate 3 times and we ended up going to J Micheals in Panama city and Boon Docks. My father in law goes to Panama City a bit and wanted us to visit these places.

I would love to hear what you guys think of resteraunts around 30A for next time.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top