• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Kathydwells does 8K!!!

New posts
DATAWAY DARLENE!

I like the way you ROLL! :rolling:
 
I like what Kittay said!!!! :clap_1:

Love ya girl!!! Way to go!!!! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
 
Congrats! 8 claps per thousand.
:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
I guess that's 8. I can't count right now.:rofl:
 
Awww.....thank you all very much. I have enjoyed posting every post. I would have aknowledged this thread before now, but yesterday at exactly the same time tootsie started this thread, I was on the phone with my hysterical son. He got off the bus yesterday and walked up to the door of our house. He noticed the glass was shattered in the window of the door and it was open. We had been robbed. He was at my neighbors when he called me. He was terrified. I dropped the phone on my desk at work and ran out the door. I called my husband and a very good friend that lives close to me (she and her husband are on our volunteer fire department), they ran over to my house and called the sheriffs department before we could even get home. To make a long story short, we are very lucky. They only thing the little ***** got was the big milk bottle full of change (remember the one that I told you I use for vacation money?) yep, that one, gone with probably 500-600 hundred bucks. Nothing else was missing thank God, and my dogs were ok. I am sure scared to death but ok. I feel so violated. However, my sweet son pointed out to me as he told me "Mom, it could have been worse, it could have been one of our lives". And he is right. We are all safe. I think I am going to call a home security company today. That might make me feel better. I am NOT going to live my life in fear though. You just have to pick up the freaking mess and go on. I will tell you one thing that I did though. I called my insurance agent and she told me to make sure that I have everything in my house documented just in case god forbid they came back. So I went around with my digital camera and took pictures of every room in my house. I took pictures of all my furniture, appliances, electronics, bedding, clothes, everything. This is a good idea to do in case of fire, tornados, and such. You all might want to do this, if you haven't already. I never thought it would happen to me. But alas, I guess no one is immune. So, with all that said, thank you all for lifting my heavy heart. I :wub: you.
 
OMG Darlene!!! Poor kid--I bet it did freak him out!! Thank God you are all safe! I had this happen once, and I know what you mean about feeling violated. You are so right about documenting everything because you just never know. Just remember we all love you and are thankful that you're all ok.:wub: :wub:
 
I'm sorry this happened to you Darlene.:( It is a scary experience...it happened to me about 9 years ago, I got a security system the next day and have never been without one since. They threw a rock through one of my back windows just to see if I had an alarm. Glad you are all okay.:wub: Your son is right, it could have been worse.

and........



Congrats on your 8,000th post! We have enjoyed them all! WOOT! WOOT! :clap_1: :clap_1:
 
:( ...first thing I thought of was J and the dogs. I am so relieved they are okay. J is a smart boy and did just the right thing...I know you are proud of him. The video documentation is such a good idea...and one we have never done. I hope today is a much better day for y'all.
 
You're son is so smart. It's just things and it could have been a lot worse, so thank God no one was home.

It happened to us before we moved to our house, and we stuck a security system in right away. I have one at my house now too. Makes me sleep better when we are away.
I also got a little safe mounted to the floor for special papers in the event of a fire, and I put my jewelry in it too.

Surprised that someone if they heard the dogs (do they bark?) would try entering, so who knows what influence this person was under.

Glad you and your family and pets are ok. :wub:
 
Kathydwells, don't let the missing coins stop you from taking a vacation. You can stay at my house if you need to lower your costs for your next trip. Break-ins suck. There is no other way to describe them. The feelings of violation and disrespect can be overwhelming. Glad you guys are safe!
 
Darlene, I am so sorry to hear that! But am happy everyone is okay. The security system sounds like a really good idea. I'm glad you're looking into one. {{{{HUGS}}}}}
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top