• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Katrina refugees

New posts

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Typically a boom period follows a hurricane affected area, once some normality returns, and insurance money rolls in. I guess that will take a little longer after this one. Yikes.

I hope I'm not being insensitive. After Andrew - a lot of people took the opportunity to settle somewhere other than Miami. Do you guys think we'll get an influx of permanent residents in SoWal from LA and MS?
 
FoX said:
Typically a boom period follows a hurricane affected area, once some normality returns, and insurance money rolls in. I guess that will take a little longer after this one. Yikes.

I hope I'm not being insensitive. After Andrew - a lot of people took the opportunity to settle somewhere other than Miami. Do you guys think we'll get an influx of permanent residents in SoWal from LA and MS?

Local DFW News channels interviewing evacuees staying in TX shelters in reunion arena, astrodome, etc. show many people who plan to relocate here, don't want to go back, and some have job interviews already. (They've even set up a semi-permanent "city" in the Astrodome - cleared any bookings for the next few months.)
 
FoX said:
Typically a boom period follows a hurricane affected area, once some normality returns, and insurance money rolls in. I guess that will take a little longer after this one. Yikes.

I hope I'm not being insensitive. After Andrew - a lot of people took the opportunity to settle somewhere other than Miami. Do you guys think we'll get an influx of permanent residents in SoWal from LA and MS?
My wife has been volunteering at Butler Elementary with registration among other things. She has talked to numerous people who are giving serious consideration to making this area home. Most cannot believe the outpouring of support and generousity coming from our community and think that it would be a great place to live. Only time will tell.
 
Most of the people we have here in East TX seem to be intending to stay.
 
And the Mayor and his family are looking for a home in Dallas.
 
dbuck said:
Sueshore, do you mean the Mayor of New Orleans?

Yes. Apparently Mrs. Mayor has family in Carrollton, north of Dallas and has been staying here through out the storm and it's aftermath.
 
Sueshore said:
Yes. Apparently Mrs. Mayor has family in Carrollton, north of Dallas and has been staying here through out the storm and it's aftermath.

Wow, what does it mean when the MAYOR relocates? :idontno:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top