• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Kayak Rental?

New posts

Mermaid

picky
I want to rent a kayak while we're at the beach next month. I've already called Yellowfin and Big Daddy's but I can't find the name or address for the shop that's right next to where the Wheel House Restaurant was. Does anyone know it? Are there any other rental places I should check out?

If anyone's interested, here are some rates. I was only able to get incomplete information since I called when both shops were busy. Nonetheless, here it is:

Big Daddy's 1-877-865-2997

Single Kayak, weekly rate $185
Double Kayak, weekly rate $205

Includes pick-up and delivery locally, paddle(s), lock, and lifejacket. Can reserve.

Yellowfin 1-850-231-1717

Double Kayak
1/2 day rate $55
1 day $70
2 days 100
3 days $120
4 days $140
5 days $155
6-7 days $165

Forgot to ask if that includes pick-up, etc. Yellowfin doesn't take reservations and by the sound of it, they're doing a pretty hot business. There's nothing available for this current week at all. :eek: You either call or stop by the day you want a kayak and see what they have left.
 
Gosh, that is amazing! Better hurry and reserve some for Western Lake, Chapter 2!!!
 
Sueshore said:
Gosh, that is amazing! Better hurry and reserve some for Western Lake, Chapter 2!!!

I already know that Merman and I are planning on luring j and b darg out on the Lake. Let's see if anyone keels over on this expedition. Anyone up for being alligator food this June??? :rolling:
 
Mermaid said:
I already know that Merman and I are planning on luring j and b darg out on the Lake. Let's see if anyone keels over on this expedition. Anyone up for being alligator food this June??? :rolling:

I love that lake!! How early you wanna go out? :floor:
 
jdarg said:
I love that lake!! How early you wanna go out? :floor:




Mermaid, are you sure you want to go out with such an experienced kayaker? from the looks of Jdarg's avatar she's been kayakking since she was a babe!
:rolling:
 
^5 OL!!!! jdarg and Mermy will be so kute in their kaYAKS!!!
 
Please let me know when you are going and I will meet you there.

Yellowfin and The Seagrove Icehouse (next to Wheelhouse) are the same company, which also owns Ono Surf in Seaside. They have SoWal stickers at each place. :clap_1:

Tell them you are special with over 2,400 posts on SoWal.com. :lol:

Prices include pickup also.
 
kurt said:
Please let me know when you are going and I will meet you there.

Yellowfin and The Seagrove Icehouse (next to Wheelhouse) are the same company, which also owns Ono Surf in Seaside. They have SoWal stickers at each place. :clap_1:

Tell them you are special with over 2,400 posts on SoWal.com. :lol:

Prices include pickup also.


Jdarg and I just placed our orders with Big Daddy's. They're delivering to Grayton Beach on Saturday and picking up on Friday--all for only $176.55, tax tag and delivery!!! Now comes the hard part: I ordered a double (too cheap to get singles for us both :oops: ) and Merman and I have to learn how to paddle together. I think I might be bringing extra supplies of alcohol and aspirin to the beach. Just in case.

Kurt, please join us, yes!:clap_1: Do you think Tootsie would be interested as well? The more the merrier!
 
Oh Mermaid...that's genius! Sit in the back and pretend to paddle!!! Plus, you can backseat drive!Mr. K just called...HE'S HOME...just gots his bags! It's been almost two weeks! :clap_1:
 
Sueshore said:
Oh Mermaid...that's genius! Sit in the back and pretend to paddle!!! Plus, you can backseat drive!Mr. K just called...HE'S HOME...just gots his bags! It's been almost two weeks! :clap_1:

Miss Kitty, serve that darling man STEAK tonight! Celebrate!

I like your idea about sitting in the back and pretending to paddle. If he goes in the wrong direction or doesn't go fast enough, I can whomp him one on the back of the head, too. Oh, wait, I forgot. There'll be too many witnesses. :funn:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top