• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Keep Off The Dunes

New posts
Kurt,

What the heck are these things? Styrofoam? Where'd they come from?

050803-littleredfish-059.jpg
 
From the caption on that page:

Little Redfish Lake, just west of Gulf Trace, polluted by septic tank effluent
and drain field material - styrofoam that is scattered by each storm

Huge bags of the stuff are buried to create drain fields.

Now you know what kind of shades I wear. ;-)
 
kurt said:
From the caption on that page:



Huge bags of the stuff are buried to create drain fields.

Now you know what kind of shades I wear. ;-)

Good lord. That's nice.
 
kurt said:
Now you know what kind of shades I wear. ;-)

I was thinking, that's a good find!
 
Tonight, CJ gave me permission to waste anyone wearing a white shirt and Kahki shorts at the Beach, esp if they are climbing in the dunes or walking in the areas which we once called dunes, even if it is for only the length of time to take three photos. Yee-haw! Look out White Shirts! You may get a tongue lashing!
 
Smiling JOe said:
Tonight, CJ gave me permission to waste anyone wearing a white shirt and Kahki shorts at the Beach, esp if they are climbing in the dunes or walking in the areas which we once called dunes, even if it is for only the length of time to take three photos. Yee-haw! Look out White Shirts! You may get a tongue lashing!

Oh Man! I am :rofl:MAO!!! Thought is was just me that thought whole matching costumes family photos are a bit much!
 
RiverOtter said:
Oh Man! I am :rofl:MAO!!! Thought is was just me that thought whole matching costumes family photos are a bit much!

I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought that.
 
Sitting on the beach last night, near the Dothan walkover, enjoying the magnificent breeze, I jumped up to tell two young boys - 4ish - to PLEASE not walk on the freshly made dunes - one young boys response - "Oh, we were just going to the bathroom!"

Nice going there Mom or Dad!!! I don't go to your hometown and do that!!!
 
seagrover said:
Sitting on the beach last night, near the Dothan walkover, enjoying the magnificent breeze, I jumped up to tell two young boys - 4ish - to PLEASE not walk on the freshly made dunes - one young boys response - "Oh, we were just going to the bathroom!"

Nice going there Mom or Dad!!! I don't go to your hometown and do that!!!

You should have told them to use one of the septic tanks along the beach.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top