• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Keeping Grocery Bills down...article. Help please!

New posts

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Hi Everyone,

I am alarmed at recent price increases at the grocery stores. I'd like to write an article sharing stories of how consumers are coping. Please email me at alicia@defuniakherald.com with your tips and thoughts on this issue. Please include a name and number in your email. Thanks!:wave:

AL
 
Interesting ....that gas prices were the reason for higher prices at the grocery store, but now that gas is considerably less expensive...food is not. On CNN this morning they said that typically when food goes up, it doesn't come back down unless there is a price war among stores. When I shopped last week, I needed mayo, but didn't buy any...it's almost as much as a 12 pack of beer!:idontno:

I bought beer. :roll:

It gets harder and harder to make it through the week. :bang:
 
Interesting ....that gas prices were the reason for higher prices at the grocery store, but now that gas is considerably less expensive...food is not. On CNN this morning they said that typically when food goes up, it doesn't come back down unless there is a price war among stores. When I shopped last week, I needed mayo, but didn't buy any...it's almost as much as a 12 pack of beer!:idontno:

I bought beer. :roll:

It gets harder and harder to make it through the week. :bang:

I had been thinking about this article for a few months, but like you, it was the $4.59 jar of mayo last week that was the final push to write it.:wave:
 
Interesting ....that gas prices were the reason for higher prices at the grocery store, but now that gas is considerably less expensive...food is not. On CNN this morning they said that typically when food goes up, it doesn't come back down unless there is a price war among stores. When I shopped last week, I needed mayo, but didn't buy any...it's almost as much as a 12 pack of beer!:idontno:

I bought beer. :roll:

It gets harder and harder to make it through the week. :bang:
Buy Dukes ($2.99)..it is almost half the price of Helman's ($5.19 I think) and tastier. You can stick blend your own also (cheaper and better still).
 
Mayo has oil in it, right? Blame Exxon. :biggrin:
 
Where do most around here grocery shop? I have found that grocery stores like Winn Dixie at Carillon are much less expensive and you can find some really good sales.

When I am in Alabama (Gadsden or Florala) my grocery bill is a lot less than lot is here.

Also, Wednesday is usually sale day for grocery stores.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top