elgordoboy
Beach Fanatic
Grand blvd Publix was sold out of $2.99 Dukes..I really enjoy it when they are the low price leaderIt was Dukes, I like it because it dosen't have sugar in it. I freaked at the price![]()

Grand blvd Publix was sold out of $2.99 Dukes..I really enjoy it when they are the low price leaderIt was Dukes, I like it because it dosen't have sugar in it. I freaked at the price![]()

But once a price hike is in place, it virtually never goes away, Lafakis said. The one factor than can drive prices down is a drastic drop in demand, but few economists expect the global economic downturn to be so severe it would cause widespread deflation, he said. More likely is that inflation will slow or possibly flatten.
That was the case last month, when consumer prices were essentially flat, even as oil prices plunged.
The core Consumer Price Index, which eliminates food and energy prices, rose 0.1 percent, according to U.S. Labor Department figures. That was only about half the jump economists had expected, but it still lagged far behind the drop in oil prices. Crude oil has plunged more than 53 percent from its record high of $147.27 between July and October.
Say what you will about Wal-Mart. They seem to be pretty ruthless about getting those price cuts. Bad for companies, but good for consumers. Can you say "roll back?"Will someone please explain to me how the two biggest expenses after housing - food and energy - are exempted from this index?
But I resisted...I was about to say that the secret to saving on groceries is not to take your spouse or kids with you, but got gently reminded that I'm the one who almost bought a chip clip for $3.99 last week, just because it had a football and the word "SEMINOLES" on it.But I resisted...
Are you guys also cutting down on trips, clipping more coupons, sticking to the list and buying seasonally, instead of what you might want? These are somethings I'm trying as well as setting out a menu for the week and making sure of what I have on hand before shopping.
