• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Keeping up with the Joneses

New posts
I liked the way you put that, but with too many 's.
 
Jones's? Joneses? Jones? I wondered about that myself, and then I figured I'm on vacation and I left my grammar at home.
 
I'm not even keeping up with how the Jone$e$ are doing let alone thinking of trying to be like them. Stay out of debt, live modestly and comfortably. Don't go spending all your money on house and automobiles. I'm not sure I'd know the Jone$e$ if I saw them, unless it was really obvious and they are so out of my league financially, so then why even think about it? Also, I've known people with lots of money who live very modestly. They don't need or want lots of stuff. You can live just like them.

There are a lot of "millionaires next door" who have spent their lives working, living modestly w/ a few splurges, and accumulating money/planning for their future.

Their cars are paid for, their mortgage got paid off early (or was cash), they use credit cards for the miles/points instead of to finance their lives, they both work, and you certainly aren't noticing their jewelry, clothes, or anything else flashy..............................but it adds up to hundreds of thousands and millions in solid assets.
 
Or just keep up with these Joneses. :biggrin:

jones-soda.jpg
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top