• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kimmi needs some creative advice...

New posts

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
So I have gotten sucked into going to a rather privileged 12 year old's birthday party this evening. It is a rollerskating party where you have to dress like your favorite celebrity. My old trusty Audrey Hepburn is out of the question seeing that is what the birthday girl is going as. I wouldn't dress up, but my professional career depends upon this party....in a way. I don't want to do Tina seeing that a super short skirt won't be the best idea for rollerskating...and I can only pull that off drunk.

Any suggestions? I thought maybe Jennifer Beals a la Flashdance? Ripped sweatshirt, heels, curly hair? :idontno:

flashdance.jpg


Any other easy ideas anyone can think of!
 
see the skeletor thread, i think that outfit would be smashing ! by the way check out the thread you started on shoes - i found some excellent ones last night. the jennifer beals thing is good, but will a 12 yr old even know who she is ? how about a queen elizabeth outfit complete with hat in honor of her birthday ? i don't know, this is kinda hard to think of people.....
 
Katie Holmes on medication

Suri on medication

Paula Abdul on medication
 
I'm stuck with the problem that these kids are only 12.
I need to dress up as something...but I just can't figure it out.
ARGH! :bang:
I want to go cheap!!!
 
Kimmifunn said:
I'm stuck with the problem that these kids are only 12.
I need to dress up as something...but I just can't figure it out.
ARGH! :bang:
I want to go cheap!!!

Only 12???? That's like a 21 yo in my day!!!
 
Kimmifunn said:
I'm stuck with the problem that these kids are only 12.
I need to dress up as something...but I just can't figure it out.
ARGH! :bang:
I want to go cheap!!!

My daughter went to a party like this a couple of weeks ago and it was for a 12 year old too! Several girls came as music stars. My daughter dressed up like Natasha Bedingfield. There was an Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson and Hillary Duff. What about a PussyCat Doll?
 
or maybe a bunny with a pancake on it's head????

ooh ooh...what about your favorite monkemail?
 
I have it!
I have a new white strapless dress.
I could get a chunky necklace and bracelet and be Wilma Flinstone!
Actually- I just found out the party starts at 6...So Kimmi may go in work clothes. :(
 
audie said:
how about pamela anderson in those shoes you want ?

Just add tube top and spandex mini! :eek:

Kimmi I have a serious question for you: Which is more important to the adult who invited you? The creativity of your costume or the quality of your gift? The whole idea of someone your age being invited to a 12 yo's birthday party, even one that is an over the top "event" :roll: is sort of mystifying. However, if this adult is testing your creativity, which is a big part of your job, then I kind of understand. Just curious.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top