• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Large Pots

New posts

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
I am looking for large (at least 22 inches in diameter) pots for the garden. I need several, so looking for reasonable price. Any one know a good source?
Thanks
 
Eastern Lake Nursery must have hundreds of them. Not as cheap as Target or Home Depot, but good-looking.
 
Eastern Lake Nursery must have hundreds of them. Not as cheap as Target or Home Depot, but good-looking.

Yes- they have great pots and I am looking for some like those- but at a more reasonable price. It is so weird that there is not a really good pot source here- and everyone has big pots!!! I know people aren't paying $200 for a big pot! I brought 11 medium size glazed pots back from KY- the largest is about 20 - 22", and I paid $10 per pot.
 
Yes- they have great pots and I am looking for some like those- but at a more reasonable price. It is so weird that there is not a really good pot source here- and everyone has big pots!!! I know people aren't paying $200 for a big pot! I brought 11 medium size glazed pots back from KY- the largest is about 20 - 22", and I paid $10 per pot.

:roll: ...oh ye of little faith.
 
Yes- they have great pots and I am looking for some like those- but at a more reasonable price. It is so weird that there is not a really good pot source here- and everyone has big pots!!! I know people aren't paying $200 for a big pot! I brought 11 medium size glazed pots back from KY- the largest is about 20 - 22", and I paid $10 per pot.
$10 might cover the costs of the clay if it was made in the US by a potter. Add to that the costs of glazing, and two firings in the high energy burning kiln, and the costs before the potter touches it will be at least thirty bucks. Seeing that it takes a year or two to be able to throw a pot that large, and the fact that if you want two, you better make at least three to allow for cracks and breakage, I would expect to pay no less than $150-$200 if thrown by a potter in the US. If it is made from casting, it will be much less, and if made in China, you can get them for that $20 price point, and that even allows a profit margin for the retailer. Crazy world in which we live, eh?
 
jdarg, that's the "reasonable price" I'm looking forl..maybe I'll have to go to Ky:eek:
 
Try Old Time Pottery. I know they have some large ones - not sure of the price but they will put them on sale at different times.
 
I get my pots from a nice Chinese gentleman who has beautiful pots of all shapes and sizes piled high at his business on Airport Road in Destin. He says his family makes them. You pick out what you want and he will make you a very nice price and then you make him a nicer price, and if you make nice he will make you another nice price and so on and so on. His product is strikingly similar to glazed pots you see on Scenic 30A. Hmmm......

Take a right onto Airport Road and follow it around the curve to the left and he's down on the left. You can't miss him, he has lots of pots.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top