• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Large Shark Caught

New posts
Its a good thing those big sharks don't come near 30A! Its too expensive for them! They stop right at Topsail hill and Phillips Inlet. We should all be thankful!
 
Oh yea, I just saw the imfamous Bull shark in Western lake. Yea thats the ticket, and he had a baby monk seal in its grasp!!!!!! :floor: :rofl: :welcome: :clap_1: :bang:
 
Last edited:
Hmmm...not too worried about that bull shark, but I saw an alligator in Western Lake today, and a giant pile of coyote scat in the landscaping not 20 feet from my front door.:eek:
:eek: jdarg, last week while we were in Sowal, I was telling Mr. Pod there were gators in some of the lakes, and he didn't believe a word of it. I promptly got on the phone and called SJ to back me up, which he did. Now I can show him your post!
 
:eek: jdarg, last week while we were in Sowal, I was telling Mr. Pod there were gators in some of the lakes, and he didn't believe a word of it. I promptly got on the phone and called SJ to back me up, which he did. Now I can show him your post!
pea, show him these little gators, in Western Lake. ;-) I also have some photos of a small one in Alligator Lake, but I don't have it cataloged.

Look for the glowing eyes in the second photo.
 
Last edited:
mako2.jpg

A 3.3 metre (10′10″) mako shark weighing 492 kg (1082 lbs) caught at the 2004 Yarmouth shark derby.

Here is one caught in Canada, which is only a few pounds more, yet 2 ft shorter than the one caught yesterday. I think either of those men could easily fit into the sharks mouth.
holy crap!:eek:

283.jpg


This is the Mako which was recently caught. This photo is from www.waltonsun.com and photo credits are not given. My friend was there when the shark came in and she has a photo, showing the bullet hole on the right top side of the shark's head. Interestingly, there in not any mention of a gun being fired at the shark in any of the articles. :scratch: Maybe another reason why it won't make the record books.
bullet??? how honorable.....:eek: :roll: BS fishing!:pissed:
 
:eek: jdarg, last week while we were in Sowal, I was telling Mr. Pod there were gators in some of the lakes, and he didn't believe a word of it. I promptly got on the phone and called SJ to back me up, which he did. Now I can show him your post!

I was driving on 30A towards Seaside, and noticed that Western Lake was like glass- not a ripple anywhere. Usually it has at least a little movement to it. I slowed down to a crawl to get a good look at all the refections and saw the gator when I went across the second bridge.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top