• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Layered Salad Nicoise

New posts

lindatat

quirty
Made this for my co-workers last week and everyone thought it was from a restaurant - serves a whole bunch of people as a side dish:

Salad:
1 bag hearts of romaine
1 head butter lettuce
1 head radicchio
1 bag Simply Potatoes, Red Potato Wedges, cut into bite-size pieces
4 six-ounce cans solid white albacore tuna packed in spring water, drained & flaked
1 bag S & W Haricots Verts (a thin French green bean) thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
1 jar pitted Kalamata olives, sliced

Dressing:
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
Make the dressing first - mix all ingredients in a shaker or mason jar (you can do this the day before.) Layer the salad ingredients in the order listed. Add dressing just before serving.

 
sounds good Linda!
 
Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I am ready for dinner now!!!!!! Thanks, I am going to try that!!!!!!!:clap_1:
 
Johnrudy said:
Wow - I haven't made a salad Nicoise in probably 25 years! Lot of work, but worth it.

It was time-consuming, but not too difficult. Using the pre-cooked potatoes and frozen green beans (er, I mean Haricots Vert - lol) saved some time. I really enjoyed chopping up the herbs for the dressing with a big knife (very therapeutic for me!) And I would definitely make that dressing for other salads as well (would be great in a seafood pasta salad.)
 
I likey!!:clap_1:
 
dbuck and I are so screwed. :(
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top