• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Leatherback Turtle in Sowal

New posts
Kurt, It is all one and the same...someday maybe more people will "get" the fact that we are all connected people and the land.

I think the Native Americans understood this, as do the Native Islanders...Berry certainly reminds us of the connection in his work.

Perhaps you will like this one too. It is my favorite of his work. It got me through the times my son was deployed in the war:

"When despair for the world grows in me
And I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's life may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

Wendell Berry
That is beautiful goodwitch58. :wub: Thanks for sharing. :bow: Also thanks to your son for his bravery. :bow:
 
Here's a pic. The nest is all those flipper marks you see. She's hidden the eggs in one of three areas. They don't know which.
Thanks for the photo. Now I even better understand why the "crap" on the beach is such a deterrent. Without the photo, I didn't understand what a huge swath of beach is needed for the sea turtles' paths to lay eggs.
 
Thanks for the photo. Now I even better understand why the "crap" on the beach is such a deterrent. Without the photo, I didn't understand what a huge swath of beach is needed for the sea turtles' paths to lay eggs.

True dat.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top