• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Lifeguard Question

New posts

FLMom

Beach Crab
I am bringing a group of teens down to the for a quiet birthday celebration at the beach. I've lived in Crestview previously so am familiar with the area and the beach conditions. However, I understand that SW is finally getting some lifeguard stations and would prefer that we go to the beach locations where there are lifeguards available. Can anyone tell me if they are up and running and, if so, the closest stations to the Old Florida Cottage area in Santa Rosa Beach. Thanks!
 
Thanks, I did spend quite a bit of time scrolling through before I posted. I did see the message regarding lifeguard/flag updates but couldn't tell from reading that thread if they were actively on duty, just that they had agreed to start putting them along 6 areas. Thanks for the other link, it told me exactly what I needed to know!
 
FLMom said:
Thanks, I did spend quite a bit of time scrolling through before I posted. I did see the message regarding lifeguard/flag updates but couldn't tell from reading that thread if they were actively on duty, just that they had agreed to start putting them along 6 areas. Thanks for the other link, it told me exactly what I needed to know!

:welcome: FLMom! yes the lifeguards are active on the beaches and have already saved at least one life!! :lolabove: You have the right idea. Take the teens to a beach that is stationed with lifeguards. Have a great and safe visit.
 
FLmom, please remember to still supervise the teens. The Lifeguards are there to rescue (and educate a little bit to prevent having to rescue). If the yellow flags are flying, use caution when entering the water. If red flag is flying, it is best to stay out of the water. If two red flags are flying, the water is closed.

Here is a link to the lifeguard location info. I believe the closest lifeguard stand is located at the Gulfview Heights Access.
 
Can anyone tell me where this Orange St. is? We stay at Inlet Beach. But we are not at 30A and 98, we are east of there toward PC Beach. The phone at our place has a Seagrove Beach exchange. Thanks.
 
Thanks Smiling Joe, that is just west of where we stay at Inlet Beach. No wonder I did not know where it was because we go to PC Beach for everything and do not go that way when we go on our outings. Appreciate it. Just trying to see where the lifeguard was in relation to where we stay off of Walton Lakeshore Drive.
 
Which beach with lifeguards has the easiest and most parking? This would be helpful when planning daytrips to a lifeguard beach. Thanks.
 
I have not been to any of the other beach access but the orange st has several parking places and port o pottys if needed.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top