• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Lobster recipe??

New posts

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
I am trying to cook whatever is in the freezer before the move. I found 8 Bahamian (crawfish) lobster tails. I usually grill them and eat with butter but I am the only one in my house who likes them.

Soooo, anyone know of any good recipes that I can make with lobster and then freeze??? I have looked online at recipes but I would like to make a tried and true one....

Thanks!!:wave:
 
I am trying to cook whatever is in the freezer before the move. I found 8 Bahamian (crawfish) lobster tails. I usually grill them and eat with butter but I am the only one in my house who likes them.

Soooo, anyone know of any good recipes that I can make with lobster and then freeze??? I have looked online at recipes but I would like to make a tried and true one....

Thanks!!:wave:
Come on, IBD, be a pal and change this thread title to "Free Lobster Tails!" Maybe then the taker will invite you to dinner! :biggrin:
 
IBD, Pea is right about eating those tails in one sitting. If they're already frozen and you make them into a recipe and freeze them again, you're going to ruin them. The general rule of thumb is not to refreeze foods.

Have a dinner party with like-minded friends who know a culinary treasure when they see one! BTW, epicurious is a great place to find recipes. You can sort out the loser recipes just by reading people's rating comments.
 
my house is not in the shape for a dinner party...:blush: no couch, just a few dishes and boxes everywhere...
 
Wait until I get there and we will have lobster as a house warming/going away party! I have a wonderful vanilla lobster recipe that is great...(If I can find it in all my moving mess....:shock:)
 
Grill them all in the evening for dinner. Eat your fill dunked in butter; wrap up rest and stick in fridge. Next day for brunch--lobster rolls. That evening--lobster fried rice. Following day, lobster salad--and for evening, chop up any leftovers and toss in some cream of shrimp soup.

My last trip to Maine I had lobster at least once a day--and even twice a day on a few of days; trip was 8 days long, and I never got my fill, so I know it's possible.


.
 
I vote that you grill the tails for a funn dinner and eat any leftovers - perhaps in a salad ala Sowell or for munchies. Don't have many recipe suggestions as leftover lobster isn't a common issue in my world ;-).
 
I vote that you grill the tails for a funn dinner and eat any leftovers - perhaps in a salad ala Sowell or for munchies. Don't have many recipe suggestions as leftover lobster isn't a common issue in my world ;-).

SB lobster is not generally in mine either. But on Guana if you bring shrimp they will trade you lobster tails for them. Lobster to them is like shrimp to us....everywhere..
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top