• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Local beers?

New posts

jd_johnson

Beach Comber
Has anyone ever heard of either of these beers: Emerald Coast Sunset Pilsener or Emerald Coast 30-A Pale Ale?

I found an online article about some Birmingham company called Emerald Coast Beer Company that was reportedly marketing these two brews (which are actually contract brewed in Melbourne, FL) - but I have never heard of them or seen any local information about them.

If anyone knows where I could get one, I'd like to try it - or if you have had one, I'd like your opinion.

Thanks have a great one!
 
Emerald Coast 30-A pale ale

I think the 30-a pale ale is at or is on the way to Caf? Thirty-A in Seagrove. A friend told me just Mon. I hope to see there beers soon I have had them in Birmingham and they are great.
 
Local ?? From B'ham ? or Melbourne? Think not.
 
Kinda seems like exploitation to me. What's next? Seagrove Super Lager?
 
Kinda seems like exploitation to me. What's next? Seagrove Super Lager?

No ....but they do have a Seaside Lager...... :confused: ...
.
.
.
.
.Smell a "cease and desist" anyone??


the Facebook page for them shows the blk/white 30a logo on a glass they have that i am pretty sure is copyrighted and they hopefully checked into the Seaside thing because that one is pretty close to the "Americana" font that SS uses.
 
Last edited:
FWIW, there's a nice little restaurant on the bay in Panama City, the old part of town -- the Cove, is that what they call it? They serve several locally brewed beers including one called Pt. Washington Porter. I've never seen the brews available in bottles, just on tap at this restaurant. Uncle Ernie's or something like that is the name.

The men of my family have started a new hobby--homebrew. In 30 days we will taste the first results and they will decide if this is something they should pursue or abandon forever.
 
Susan, I've done the home-brew thing and it's great funn. The smell is incredibly intoxicating. The taste...not so good. It probably takes time and patience to get good "drinkability". ;-)
 
FWIW, there's a nice little restaurant on the bay in Panama City, the old part of town -- the Cove, is that what they call it? They serve several locally brewed beers including one called Pt. Washington Porter. I've never seen the brews available in bottles, just on tap at this restaurant. Uncle Ernie's or something like that is the name.

The men of my family have started a new hobby--homebrew. In 30 days we will taste the first results and they will decide if this is something they should pursue or abandon forever.

The Cove is the area East of Downtown Panama City. Uncle Ernie's is located in Historic St. Andrew's.

I miss the PCB Brewery. It used to be where the Salt Water Grill is today. :( You could watch them brew on site.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top