• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Local Cookbooks?

New posts
All kidding aside, this recipe was an excellent blend for those that want to add interest to a pumpkin pie.
 
Seems like I recall a group in Defuniak Springs putting out a cookbook about 8 years ago, and having some new copies being printed recently.
 
Kat's pumpkin cheesecake was a big hit. :clap:
I made 3 of them fairly quickly and I forgot to water in the oven since cheesecakes seem to crack without it, but my cake came out perfect.
I made 1 with the pecan hiney glaze, yummy!

My 18 month old nephew never had pumpkin before and he ate 2 huge slices. Wish I had taken a picture of the happy pumpkin face. :lol:

I wish you had a picture of that too!

:bow::clap::bow:Thanks Mangy for the update on making this recipe. I love the texture of it and that it is a bit lighter then the regular pumpkin pie, but hey.....it's all good! And you did a great job! YOU made 3!:clap:

I love that tidbit you PM'd me about your GrandPa!

Have a wonderful Christmas and funn holidays!

:wave::wub:Kat
 
Seaside Neighborhood School put together a cookbook a couple of years ago....You could contact them...

Also the Town of Seaside and homeowners published a cookbook in the early 90's.....It's great...I'm sure Sundog books has it.

I think several of the local churches also published cookbooks....I'd phone them also...

L
 
My cookbook Good Grits! Southern Boy cooks is available at the Great Southern Cafe or on the Pensacola restaurant site goodgrits.com for shipping. Give it a try I enjoyed writing it.
Yours in Grits
Chef Jim
 
Last edited:
Seaside Neighborhood School put together a cookbook a couple of years ago....You could contact them...

Also the Town of Seaside and homeowners published a cookbook in the early 90's.....It's great...I'm sure Sundog books has it.

I think several of the local churches also published cookbooks....I'd phone them also...

L

I have the Seaside cookbook, "Pickets," got it in 1997 and have been using it ever since.
 
The Point Washington United Methodist Church cookbook is out...You might be able to still get a copy at Cocoon's or contact the church.
 
It's pumpkin cheesecake with hiney glaze time, again!!!:clap:
 
It's pumpkin cheesecake with hiney glaze time, again!!!:clap:

You have ESPN!! I just volunteered to make pumpkin cheesecake today for a meeting next week!!! Perfect timing!!:clap:
 
You are right. . . .but this thread reminded me of OUR cookbook. What's the status of it? I think I've been so distracted by the Political threads, I haven't kept up with the rest of the board!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top