• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Local driftwood

New posts
Well, I've always envisioned a piece approx. 5 ft. long, cut in half lengthwise (which Mr. johnrudy could do), with the flat side as the top of the mantle and the underside remaining in its natural shape. It most likely would have to be something we would need to come pick up rather than being shipped.

Sounds cool! I think an old stump would probably do, there are some cypress stumps with some of the tree left. The trick would be cutting it, it gets very hard with age.
 
Here's a photo, got busy with something else, then the wind started blowing so hard that I really wasn't into elaborating! Supposed to get cold again!
 
I made some picture frames, and am almost finished with the Cypress Knee table lamp. Next I'm working on a coffee table with a glass top. Also have a full length mirror.
 
Here's one that I think would make an awesome table with a glass top. It's Cyprus, with an unusual bend in it, and looks like it was either cut with an axe, or by a Beaver.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top