• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Local Optometrist?

New posts

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
I am in desperate need of new glasses from someone who doesn't want to try to sell me on $1000 worth of tests, frames, lenses and coatings. :cool: (I save that money for sunglasses!)
 
in case you need an Opthamologist, Dr. Priscilla Fowler is awesome --(Corner of Mack Bayou and Highway 98). 622-0757
 
in case you need an Opthamologist, Dr. Priscilla Fowler is awesome --(Corner of Mack Bayou and Highway 98). 622-0757

She's my Opth. also.
Since I haven't had to replace my glasses since going to her I don't know how/where that gets handled and coordinated.
 
I did get a new pair of glasses--I use them seldom, but have them in case I get a bad case of allergies and can't wear my contacts...as I recall, it was an easy task. Not too expensive and of course, I had already had all the tests, etc., I have never felt any kind of sales pressure from Dr. Fowler or any of her staff--that is not how they operate. Highly recommend her.
 
I did get a new pair of glasses--I use them seldom, but have them in case I get a bad case of allergies and can't wear my contacts...as I recall, it was an easy task. Not too expensive and of course, I had already had all the tests, etc., I have never felt any kind of sales pressure from Dr. Fowler or any of her staff--that is not how they operate. Highly recommend her.

Same here & that rates high on my list in terms of professional credibility.
Dr. Fowler said "... there appears to be some minor degeneration here, but not necessarily enough to warrant a change in your lenses at this time."
 
You can always just take the new prescription, whether you get it from an optometrist or an ophthalmologist, and shop around for a reasonable price and frames you like. There are even some new companies on the internet, which I don't know quite how they do it, but they are going for low cost.
Personally I think it is a good idea to have an ophthalmologist exam every once in a while. It's more thorough and they can find potential problems an optometrist misses. If you are sure you just need new glasses, an optometrist is less expensive.
I've heard good things about Dr. Fowler.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top