• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Local produce, collards?

New posts

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
I've haven't checked Publix at Watercolor yet, but neither Publix at Carillon nor Publix at Grand Boulevard have collard greens, not even in the little bags. Every kind of :cuss: spinach there is, but no collards. I'm sure they have them in the cans, but that's cheating.

We'd go to DeFunk, but we gotta work tomorrow and we gotta have collards with our blackeyed peas on New Year's Day. Any suggestions? :idontno:
 
No collards? :yikes:I didn't buy them today because I was waiting to see how many people I'll be cooking for on Tuesday, thus I didn't look to see if Publix Watercolor had them. I MUST HAVE FRESH COLLARDS ON NEW YEAR'S DAY!

I remember the year that every store in town (back where we live in GA) was out of black-eyed peas. I flipped out! I ended up having to buy canned ones.:eek:
 
Publix at Watercolor had fresh collard greens as of Saturday night. Two for one, actually. We bought kale and mustard greens, as well.
 
Toni has collard and turnip greens as well as a freezer full of summer peas.:clap:
Reiterated..hasn't there been a "keep it local" thing going? They have them washed there as well. Mix mustards and collards for a super treat.
 
I was kinda thinking the same thing... I only thought black eyed peas came in a can:idontno:....don't y'all do pork and sauerkraut?
Well, when I was growing up in ALA, we always ate those collards and blackeyed peas for good luck. But they're yucky to me.
I honestly don't know what's eaten up north. Northerners aren't superstitious I guess. :lol:

You'll need to email me your pork and sauerkraut recipe!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top