• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Local Produce, Strawberries?

New posts

notail

Banned
Hi Everyone -

Where are the local produce stands I have heard about? I'm also looking for a good source for fresh strawberries less expensive than Publix.

Thanks!
 
citrus fruits and pecans are about all you get this time of year. Well greens,cabbage etc. But waaaay to early for local strawberrys:wave:
 
Toni has some hydroponic long stemmed strawberries - I forgot to get any when I was there yesterday but will tomorrow. She also has herbs growing in the back, tomatoes, onions, etc. Her citrus fruit is satsuma oranges from around Freeport I think; pink grapefruits, blood oranges and Meyer lemons from 2 different growers in Alabama. Yum Yum.

She's probably closed for the day but will be there in the morning.
 
You can get local hydro strawberries atOld Mill Farms in New Hope. Very inexpensive. From Ebro go 9 miles north to Charlie Brown Road. Follow signs. They also have several other types of produce growing.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top