• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Long distance from Grayton

New posts

Big D

Beach Crab
Could someone please let me know what phone company Grayton Beach is on? What is the nearest Bellsouth city? I am trying to set up my internet access for when I come to that area. I am currently with Bellsouth (FastAccess). Thanks for any help. :)
 
Thanks! Do you possibly have "Roadrunner" IP from any local cable company? If not, what IP would you have? I really appreciate your help.
 
My sister uses Mediacom cable modem for about $45 a month. I cheap out and use dialup through web30a.com for $99 a year. I have an Air-Card that I use when dialup gets too annoying - it's a little faster.

I use Sprint for local service. Renters can really run up a bill if they call Destin or Panama City for their own Internet access at 50 cents a pop. It adds up, especially if they have a teenager IM'ing.
 
This company, out of Niceville, apparently supplies wireless internet access on a temporary basis. http://www.aircombroadband.com You can have him give you a month's hi speed wireless access from your house for $50, one week for $34, one day for $10. I know nothing about this company and/or how reliable it is, but I'd sure be interested if someone has tried them. Sounds like a good solution for someone like myself who'd like to have hi-speed access available at the house for several months of the year only, not year round. Anyone have any experience with Aircomm?
 
Big D said:
Could someone please let me know what phone company Grayton Beach is on? What is the nearest Bellsouth city? I am trying to set up my internet access for when I come to that area. I am currently with Bellsouth (FastAccess). Thanks for any help. :)

I think Sprint is the only company that provides phone service. Can't help you with internet service. :laughing1
 
katmoo said:
This company, out of Niceville, apparently supplies wireless internet access on a temporary basis. http://www.aircombroadband.com You can have him give you a month's hi speed wireless access from your house for $50, one week for $34, one day for $10. I know nothing about this company and/or how reliable it is, but I'd sure be interested if someone has tried them. Sounds like a good solution for someone like myself who'd like to have hi-speed access available at the house for several months of the year only, not year round. Anyone have any experience with Aircomm?

I use aircom and service has been excellent. It will depend on where you are.
 
kurt said:
I use aircom and service has been excellent. It will depend on where you are.
That's good to know. Sometimes even the Air Card makes me want to claw my eyeballs out because it is so slow.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top