• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Looking for a writer's shack

New posts

alabamaauthor

Beach Comber
My husband and I are looking for a writer's shack to hunker down in for 1 year to finish several projects. Our needs are simple, the shackier the better. Rent not to exceed $1500 per month. We rented "The Poinciana" at Inlet Beach for 6 years before it became a four lane highway. Please call 615-579-0539 or email to alabamaauthhor@hotmail.com
 
Ala...,
I know of a long term rental coming available around April. It is located in Dune Allen on Hilltop St. Current tenants have been in for a while and their current rent is a bit low, $800/mo. I would guess that owners will increase. It is a small 2/1 cinderblock home (with a converted one car garage not fully completed, but would be a decent bonus room) with fenced back yard. Current tenants have a dog. I don't have the owner's phone number, but I will try to get it for you. If I don't post it on this thread, look for a new thread regarding long term rentals.
 
SJ, would that be the little brick home on the right just before the curve on Hilltop?

Just curious. If it is, I can vouch for it. :D
 
ShallowsNole said:
SJ, would that be the little brick home on the right just before the curve on Hilltop?

Just curious. If it is, I can vouch for it. :D
It is the green one, located next door, and south to the one you mention.
 
Thanks - I forgot about that one. Should be a perfect retreat!

We lived in the little brick home for the first year we were married. Actually could have bought it and the lot for $38K. :bang:
 
"Have any of you beach bums found me a house yet? " A line from my novel. Just curious. Thanks for your trouble and your information. Blue Mountain is my favorite beach and Blue my favorite house, but us poor writers couldn't swing it for a year.
Thanks,
Alabama
 
jdarg said:
Hey Alabama- keep us posted on your book!

And don't fall for it if RO says he's an editor!!!!

Good luck!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top