• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Looking for rental, PCB Gulfcrest

New posts
Trishben said:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the posts, pm's and information. I found exactly what I needed.
I'm a member of the "other board", that's how I found out about ya'll... I thought I understood the "forbidden zone" thing until you threw Destin into the mix, I clearly have no understanding of why and where the lines are drawn. :idontno:

I love SoWal and PCB both as different as they both are...

Trish
Trust me, most of us don't feel that way & I don't understand the segregation. Most here are helpful in answering questions. After all, the Internet is a free forum, ask away.
 
I thought PCB was a fun place many, many years ago--the kids (& me too) loved the rides, goofy golf, beach, etc. Then it started getting shabby round the edges, but the amusement park and such still provided some nostalgic entertainment--now they're on a "gentrification" kick and sucking all the fun out of the place.

Developers are in the process of turning PCB into a high-rise, parking lot, shopping mall "Stepford by the Sea" hoping to attract upscale families whose kids' idea of "fun" is shuffling through the malls in a Ritalin-induced haze yacking on cell phones.

Ah, to go to Miracle Strip Amusement Park and catch a ride on the old "Starliner" with a fireworks show in the background would be great on this 4th of July!
 
Well, my husband and I are hardly upscale. I do not know whether they have it completed yet, but there is this development going up called Seahaven. There was nothing but a cleared off lot with a fence around it when we were there last year and a big cloth Seahaven sign on that fence. Guess we will find out this year. He doesn't like all the hi rise stuff but he loves the watersports you can do, for instance waverunner tours.
 
SHELLY said:
Ah, to go to Miracle Strip Amusement Park and catch a ride on the old "Starliner" with a fireworks show in the background would be great on this 4th of July!

Nearly every Saturday night of the summers of my 16th and 17th year was spent at Miracle Strip. PCB and "the strip" was the place to be, and Miracle Strip was the center of it all.

**sigh**
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top