• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Looking for romantic breakfast or lunch

New posts

ls2006vacay

Beach Lover
Parents of a toddler who has never slept looking to reconnect since the grandparents are here to babysit. Could do dinner out but thinking breakfast/lunch may be easier on the sitters.

I thought about.. grab breakfast somewhere (where?), take to beach. I saw Flip Flops beignets recommended in a previous thread

I was just looking over Fire's brunch menu contemplating that (don't know if they'd have a spot for us on Sun.?)

any thoughts?

If you have a dinner rec throw that at me too. Thanks.

Edited to add: now I'm thinking Hibiscus for breakfast..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fire is wonderful - if you're looking for a "grownup time-out", it fits the bill, for brunch or lunch.
 
I vote for Hibiscus...can you get the grandparents to spring for an overnight...and you guys get a room at Hibiscus..if not, the breakfast in the courtyard is wonderful--well, I guess it is better in cooler weather, but still grayt food, even if you eat inside.
 
We went to Hibiscus today (with baby, so no date.. maybe Fire tomorrow) but food was yummy...
I had the waffle even though I was skeptical about the peanut butter - very good. Hubby had pancakes.
 
Santa Rosa Beach Club has Sunday brunch open to the public. Don't know if it's really "romantic" but it's a place you could have quiet one on one time.
 
I think even a parking lot would be romantic if your toddler has never slept through the night! :eek: :biggrin:

Have funn wherever you go and please report back!
 
I was thinking about this today and I think that waffle may be my favorite thing I ate the entire trip. Just the combo of the PB, honey, coconut, fruit, pecans, yum. At least I think that's what was in it. But it was yummy.
 
I agree. I think most of us are a bit perplexed with the idea of the peanut butter on our waffle...I was, but I was sold with the first bite and keep going back for more.

My psyche reaches out to you--a toddler who does not sleep--how difficult that must be. Hope you get some alone time, and he or she decides to sleep soon. Good luck.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top