• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Lost Dog

New posts

Lisa_at_the_beach

Beach Fanatic
Hey everyone...

Gordie and I are SICK. Our beloved Golden Retriever "Yankee" has been missing for over 24 hours. He is 7 years old, very BLONDE for a golden, extremely gentle and well behaved. He weighs about 85 pounds. He's missing in the Sandestin/Sacred Heart/Mack Bayou area. He escaped without his collar or tags....

If anyone sees him, or finds him, please contact Gordie 850.699.2771 or myself 850.699.1418..anytime..day or night.

Thanks....

Lisa
 
Lisa, I am so sorry this has happened.

::sending hugs, sloppy kisses, and Yankee come home vibes::
 
My wife and I have a Golden as as well. I would be inconsolable if something happened to her.

Make some flyers with his photo on them and hand them out/post them everywhere. Call the Walton County Sherrif and tell them, and also inform the local shelter. Other than that, there is nothing you can do but drive around and look for him.

BTW, make sure one of you stays at home while the other drives around, in case he returns on his own (which they often do).

Good luck finding your furbaby.
 
Last edited:
Lisa;

We live in the Mack Bayou area. Where did Yankee get lose? I will ride around and look for him and tell all neighbors to be on the watch for him. We have a yellow lab seven years old and I would be lost if something happen to her. If you need help with flyers let me know.

hutch
 
Lisa, have you had any luck finding your furbaby? I have said a prayer for you and Gordie, and hope that Yankee finds his way home soon.
 
Post a picture. It might help on having one on this board. If I were there I'd be keeping an eye out for him, and so would most of the people on this board I'm sure.
 
Thank you to everyone who wrote and said a prayer that Yank would find his way home.

With it being a Holiday weekend, I spent yesterday leaving telephone messages with my vet Dr. Barry, as well as every other Vet in the area, and all the area Pet Rescues and Groomers. I also called Walton, Okaloosa, and Bay County Animal Control Departments. I made flyers and Gordie posted them everywhere.

This morning around 9am we received a phone call from a woman who had found a dog this weekend. She said the dog was covered with mud and who knows what else. She wasn't sure if it was a retriever until she bathed him. She had phoned Dr. Barry's office and they had given her our number...

I'm SO HAPPY to report that it was Yankee. Gordie was at the gallery when he received the call....immediately left to go see if it was Yank. Gord said when he got there Yankee was happily alseep with a new stuffed animal. The couple had a 4 year old little girl who had become quite attached to our furry child and was VERY upset when she found out that she was going to have to say good-bye to her new friend.

thank you again to everyone who's written and for your offers to help.....

Lisa
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top