• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Lost Pup Needs Old/New Home

New posts

georgeen

Beach Crab
Hello everyone -

I'm new to this site but heard through Kurt you were all great people who might be able to offer some help. Two weeks ago while gardening out at Eden State Park a delightful young pup attached himself to me. A local resident said he had been hanging around for about a week. Both the resident and the Park officials were preparing to call animal control to have him picked up so I volunteered to try to find his home or a new owner. If any of you live in the Pt Washington area and know who might own this pup, please let me know. He's really very sweet, smart and housebroken so someone at one point put some time into raising him. Or, if anyone has more room than my postage stamp back yard (I live in a town home) and would like a great young dog, please let me know. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Here's the basic info:

Found 12/28/05 at Eden State Park
Male Black Lab Pup (6mo ? year), aprox 45 pounds
Housebroken, great with kids, cats and other dogs
Gentle and very smart
He needs to find his old home or a new family who will adopt him.
Please email: georgeenn@hotmail.com
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't live in the area, but I just wanted to say :welcome: to you! Good luck finding puppy a home! I wish I could help.
 
georgeen, thanks so much for taking the time to find this puppy a home. I would love to have a black lab again but I travel too much and it wouldn't be fair to the pup. Good luck in your search!!! :clap_1:
 
Georgeen welcome - e-mail me the photo and I'll post it. info at sowal.com

You might also be interested in this:

If you'd like to resize your photos on your computer, here is a link to the world's easiest picture resizer by Microsoft. Click on it, then select run, and it will install. Once installed, all you have to do is right click on any pic file on your computer, select "Resize Pictures" and it will give you several size options - it's that easy!
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...wertoySetup.exe
 
What a kind heart you have. I hope someone will be able to take the puppy home and make it part of their family! :wub:
 
I hope he just got separated from his owners, who are hopefully frantic, but lots of people get lab puppies - and want desperately to get rid of them when they get to be six months to a year old. I am hoping this is not the case. I've had several dogs in my life, but none have been so much work or as destructive as our Lab - and folks don't realize how much work they are until they have one. Daisy is just over two years old, and is STILL making mincemeat of our furniture. But she's beautiful, just like the little male Lab - and is showing signs of (finally!)being a devoted companion. :wub:

I'd take him, but I honestly can't afford to take proper care of him plus our other pets. He'd be a perfect companion for Daisy, though.

You might try posting his picture and flyers at the local vets offices? There is one in Emerald Coast Plaza, Kindness Pet Hospital on 30A next to Butler Elementary, and Barry Veterinary just west of Silver Sands. Also, see if you can put something up in the Santa Rosa Beach post office.

I'll ask around too...
 
ShallowsNole said:
I hope he just got separated from his owners, who are hopefully frantic, but lots of people get lab puppies - and want desperately to get rid of them when they get to be six months to a year old. I am hoping this is not the case. I've had several dogs in my life, but none have been so much work or as destructive as our Lab - and folks don't realize how much work they are until they have one. Daisy is just over two years old, and is STILL making mincemeat of our furniture. But she's beautiful, just like the little male Lab - and is showing signs of (finally!)being a devoted companion. :wub:

I'd take him, but I honestly can't afford to take proper care of him plus our other pets. He'd be a perfect companion for Daisy, though.

You might try posting his picture and flyers at the local vets offices? There is one in Emerald Coast Plaza, Kindness Pet Hospital on 30A next to Butler Elementary, and Barry Veterinary just west of Silver Sands. Also, see if you can put something up in the Santa Rosa Beach post office.

I'll ask around too...

Sigh. We have a Daisy, too, who's also made mincemeat of the furniture. And the Persian carpets are toast. But we love her; what can we say?? ;-)
 
Mermaid said:
Sigh. We have a Daisy, too, who's also made mincemeat of the furniture. And the Persian carpets are toast. But we love her; what can we say?? ;-)

Furniture and rugs are overrated anyway!!!


Good luck little lab boy....I hope you find a good home.
 
Mermaid said:
Sigh. We have a Daisy, too, who's also made mincemeat of the furniture. And the Persian carpets are toast. But we love her; what can we say?? ;-)


And that is why we have rugs from e-bay. Practically disposable- important if you have animals!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top