• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Low cost 2 night stay?........

New posts

ATorretto

Beach Lover
We are coming down for the weekend to do a few repairs on our house on 30A. Is there a hotel in Destin, 30A, or anywhere we can stay Friday & Saturday night that has cheap rates this time of year? Thanks for any info !
:)
 
Thank you for that link.

We don't need anything big or fancy-fancy, just a clean room to shower & sleep. We'll be spending most of our time between Home Depot & working on the house.
That's a fun weekend at the beach isn't it ! :blink:

lol
 
There are several budget hotels in Destin. Try to find one near the Home Depot or between it and your place.
 
I did a rate check for the Sleep Inn by the outlet mall, and got $71/night (internet rate) for this weekend. Holiday Inn Express by Barnes & Noble for same dates is about the same.
 
Hibiscus Coffee and Guest House, in Grayton Beach, is no hotel, but it does have very affordable rates, and it includes a delicious breakfast of your choice. The Magnolia Room is their least expensive, and is priced at $95 per night. You will truly love Hibiscus and Cheri Peoples, who operates it. :wub:

I recommend the Sumatra Coffee and Blueberry Pancakes. YUMMY!
 
ATorretto said:
Thank you for that link.

We don't need anything big or fancy-fancy, just a clean room to shower & sleep. We'll be spending most of our time between Home Depot & working on the house.
That's a fun weekend at the beach isn't it ! :blink:

lol

I am as curious as a cat.....do you have tenants living in your house? That's the only reason I can think you are not staying in your place!
 
"I am as curious as a cat.....do you have tenants living in your house? That's the only reason I can think you are not staying in your place!"

Yes we do. They're great.
One of the showers is leaking real bad, plus a few other things. It's easier just to drive down & make the repairs ourselves. I'm lucky to have married a man who not only knows everything about computers, but can build and fix just about anything. :clap_1:

(the only thing he lacks is the ability to find matching black socks)
 
ATorretto said:
"I am as curious as a cat.....do you have tenants living in your house? That's the only reason I can think you are not staying in your place!"

Yes we do. They're great.
One of the showers is leaking real bad, plus a few other things. It's easier just to drive down & make the repairs ourselves. I'm lucky to have married a man who not only knows everything about computers, but can build and fix just about anything. :clap_1:

(the only thing he lacks is the ability to find matching black socks)

Ah ha!!! Your man sounds great....a real keeper! Mr. K is very handy as well, and matching his socks is one of my greatest pleasures!
 
ATorretto said:
"I am as curious as a cat.....do you have tenants living in your house? That's the only reason I can think you are not staying in your place!"

Yes we do. They're great.
One of the showers is leaking real bad, plus a few other things. It's easier just to drive down & make the repairs ourselves. I'm lucky to have married a man who not only knows everything about computers, but can build and fix just about anything. :clap_1:

(the only thing he lacks is the ability to find matching black socks)

ATorretto, I am lucky enough to have a husband who's the same as yours (right down to the socks ;-) ). And you've just given me the BEST argument for a trip to SoWal. I'll just tell Merman that whenever our place has minor problems, HE is the only one who can attend to the repairs, and of course his wife-moi--will have to come down as well, to supervise. :clap_1:

Seriously, though. It speaks well of you that you want to make things right for your tenants. I hope you get some beach time in in between maintenance and repairs!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top