• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Lunch on 30-A

New posts
taterbaby said:
That is good to hear-We do not have them here in Mississippi that I know of-By the way-do they "take advantage" of us vacationers and make the prices a little higher there in Seagrove? Just wondering.
Tater, you must remember that we locals have to shop for groceries too. So they take advantage of us all, but I am glad to have two Publix stores close by. Buying groceries is still better than eating out, as far as cost goes.
 
WaltonUndercurrent said:
The beaches are great, there's a warm ocean breeze,
but you'll never find just a plain old grilled cheeze.

Screw lunch-sized shrimp ceasars with roasted chick peas.
Can one friggin' restaurant just serve a grilled cheeze?

No Popeyes, no Wendys, not one Tasty Freeze;
no pizzas delivered to your door with ease.

So we'll eat our aioli beneath the palm trees
Since no friggin' restaurant serves a plain old grilled cheeze.

Anger Management? :bang:
 
Mike B. said:
Ha!!! Thats hilarious!!!

On a serious note, do you know of anywhere to stay for around $100 or less per night near Grayton?
Take a look at Hidden Beach Villas. On 30-A, directly across the road from Pelayo Beach access in Seagrove. Probably about the most inexpensive rental you can find that close to the beach.

Here's one of ours, but there are about 80 others if our's is not available:

http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/116hiddenbeach/
 
Last edited:
There was a line in the Beachcomber (I think that's what it's called) mentioning that Cafe Spiazza in Seaside was planning on reopening some time in May.

Anyone else remember a free monthly newspaper from a couple years back that used to cater to hospitality service employees in the area? They used to have the best gossip column about what new businesses were going in where, and were right 90% of the time even when a parent company was saying 'no comment' all over the place. I used to pick it up whenever I saw it at a gas station.
 
If you're too lazy to fix a sandwich or salad from ingredients bought at Publix and thus you want to eat at fast-food restaurants, just rent a place in Destin or Panama City. The whole point of 30A is its upscale ambiance and lack of tacky chain restaurants.
 
phdphay said:
If you're too lazy to fix a sandwich or salad from ingredients bought at Publix and thus you want to eat at fast-food restaurants, just rent a place in Destin or Panama City. The whole point of 30A is its upscale ambiance and lack of tacky chain restaurants.

All these years I thought it was the beach. :lol:
 
Well, Kurt, you're right - the quality of the beaches on 30A is the factor that made us stop vacationing at Sea Island, GA, and start vacationing on the Panhandle. However, there are other pretty beaches on the Panhandle. What sets 30A apart (and why we decided to make a major investment in the area) is the absence of tacky chain establishments and the upscale ambiance of the 30A area.
 
All I asked for was decent food, at a reasonable price. I am not to lazy to fix a salad or a sandwich, just to busy. Thanks for the many positive posts. I did get some new ideas.
 
How about pizza by the slice at Bruno's? In addition to the full buffet, they charge $1 per slice. I get 1-2 slices, drink water, and my bill is a dollar or two. Can't beat that at Micky D's!

Also, if we are too lazy to fix a sandwich (or just don't want to invest in ingredients because it's the end of a stay and we don't want to have to throw out food), we pick up sandwiches for $4.59 each at Cocoon's and take them home so we can drink beverages that are cheaper because they're bought in bulk at Publix.

Or how about a pound of steamed shrimp from Goatfeathers for $9.99? That serves 3 for lunch at our house.

But please, no chain restaurants on 30A! I get enough of that junk food at home. We live in a small town, and fast food and chain restaurants are our only choices. They say you are what you eat - if I relied on eating out in my town, I'd be junk! LOL.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top