SablePoint
Beach Comber
I read the thread about Management Companies from last August. People had lots to say about Beach Rentals of SW... and a few other companies.
But is there anyone who has experience with Paradise Found Vacation Rentals? We've already been unhappy with the first company we used and are considering Paradise Found this time.
But after what I've read about other companies on the previous thread I'm concerned that there's a good chance that things could become worse if we picked the wrong company! Maybe our last company wasn't so bad after all?
I'm also curious about experience that anyone has had with Southern Resorts? (We own in Seacrest Beach... a condo on the pool.) Or is there any company out there that anyone would highly recommend?
Bottom line is that we want a company to make it easier on us. We expect that we'll do most of the bookings... and just want to rest easy that our guests will have a good check-in experience and walk into a clean condo.
BTW. I'm new to this site and have been lurking and read most of the threads in the Real Estate discussion and select threads in the Rental discussion over the last few days. Wow! I sure wish I had found this site a long time ago (my architect just recommended it to me).
Great Job Kurt! We'll probably be getting a Virtual Tour from you soon! Thanks for everything that you do!
But is there anyone who has experience with Paradise Found Vacation Rentals? We've already been unhappy with the first company we used and are considering Paradise Found this time.
But after what I've read about other companies on the previous thread I'm concerned that there's a good chance that things could become worse if we picked the wrong company! Maybe our last company wasn't so bad after all?
I'm also curious about experience that anyone has had with Southern Resorts? (We own in Seacrest Beach... a condo on the pool.) Or is there any company out there that anyone would highly recommend?
Bottom line is that we want a company to make it easier on us. We expect that we'll do most of the bookings... and just want to rest easy that our guests will have a good check-in experience and walk into a clean condo.
BTW. I'm new to this site and have been lurking and read most of the threads in the Real Estate discussion and select threads in the Rental discussion over the last few days. Wow! I sure wish I had found this site a long time ago (my architect just recommended it to me).
Great Job Kurt! We'll probably be getting a Virtual Tour from you soon! Thanks for everything that you do!
Last edited:
Good morning Sablepoint!
) to check on things. There's usually some small maintenance to be done and I call the management company to send the maintenance men and they are very good. I'll look very carefully at the quilts and slip covers and I usually end up washing all those when I'm there, though they are also done sometimes when I'm not there. I'll get rid of pillows/blankets/etc. that are getting worn. I do the "big jobs" like bleaching the porch about every six months (it gets moldy), cleaning the outside lights/trash cans/etc. I do the "deep cleanings". And I patch and paint the window frames after hurricanes (from the wood that is nailed up to protect the homes). Rather than hire someone to do these things, I'd rather use the money for an airplane ticket and do it myself and get a trip to SoWal.