• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Manatee sighting

New posts
Swam with about 8 manatee this afternoon. It was amazing. They were 30 or so feet off the shoreline at the Gulfview Heights access. I got to within about 10 feet of them. They were huge. It was a great rush to be so close to them.

Best beach day I've ever had.

VERY cool Curtis.:cool:
 
I couldn't say it any better.:roll:

We lived in Sarasota for 4 years and they were quiet common in the rivers and bays, but never saw one there except for the Mote Aquarium. I just couldn't believe it when I saw them. I never realized they would cruise the Gulf.

We saw one last year very close to the shore. We were in the water when it came "strolling" by. Made my week!!!!!
 
:clap: That is so cool!
 
Believe it or not, one of them came all the way up the Mississippi to Memphis last winter. They kept an eye on him for about two weeks then he died.:angry:
 
Believe it or not, one of them came all the way up the Mississippi to Memphis last winter. They kept an eye on him for about two weeks then he died.:angry:

Yes, we followed that story HERE and HERE. Very sad.
 
WWWWOOOOOOPPPSSS, should have searched before I posted.

That "rescue" was a disaster. Everyone associated with it seemed to fumble around for days. Typical Memphis!!!:bang: :bang: :bang:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top