• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Manatees in SoWal

New posts

Kurt

Admin
I just saw my second manatee of the year in Peach Creek. This one I know is unique because it had a satellite tracking buoy on it, and the first one I saw a few weeks ago did not. Pretty amazed to see them so far from the Gulf. Please keep it slow if you're in a motorboat near the shore and bayous.

Anyone else see any?
 
I just saw my second manatee of the year in Peach Creek. This one I know is unique because it had a satellite tracking buoy on it, and the first one I saw a few weeks ago did not. Pretty amazed to see them so far from the Gulf. Please keep it slow if you're in a motorboat near the shore and bayous.

Anyone else see any?

Yes we saw a pod of four or five in Seagrove around the 4th. They are really amazing to watch and they were fairly close in too.
 
Yes we saw a pod of four or five in Seagrove around the 4th. They are really amazing to watch and they were fairly close in too.
I've seen them in the Gulf and heard about them around the passes and in the bay but never so far from the Gulf as Peach Creek in Point Washington - a good place to kayak or SUP.
 
Saw one at the turtle reef off Grayton Beach state park about two weeks ago while out in my kayak. What an amazing creature!
 
image.jpg
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top