• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

mani pedi

New posts
Sure wish someone would answer BB's question. I'm bringing a group of graduating 8th graders down in May and I think they would really enjoy a group mani pedi.
 
Crystal Nails...don't have the number handy, but they are on 30A, just east of Ed Walline Park (393).
 
Hi,
Where could I take 4 little girls (aged 6-10) for manicures or pedicures? Initially I was thinking Watercolor spa (since our home is there) but I'm guessing that might be rather pricey. Any other options?
Thanks!

Kelly's Nails in Santa Rosa Beach. Mike & Kelly are great and will make your girls feel special!
 
I was reared in a family where money was no object. Yet my first professional mani/pedi was done when I was in my 40's when my husband and I had accumulated enough wealth to pay for it ourselves.

I had infertility issues and spoiled our miracle child to the max. We have produced a child whom we worship the ground she walks on. That is our mistake, not hers. I am just saying that parents who make the mistake we made of spoiling our children are doing their children a disservice because these children expect privileges that they take for granted and do not appreciate.

Just wait until these 6-10 year olds are old enough to plan a wedding and expect a $10,000 photographer, a $6,000 dress, etc. After all, they got mani/pedis at a young age. And their expectations increase exponentially as they get older.

I don't feel as though I owe BB an apology. I think she will thank me for my advice when her little girls who expect salon treatments grow to the age where they expect celebrity weddings.
 
Last edited:
I don't feel as though I owe BB an apology. I think she will thank me for my advice when her little girls who expect salon treatments grow to the age where they expect celebrity weddings.



I have absolutely NO respect for anyone who will call 6-10 year olds "little biotches" and then not apologize.

You are definitely NOT a lady in my book, but rather a tramp....... :pissed:



 
Last edited:
I was reared in a family where money was no object. Yet my first professional mani/pedi was done when I was in my 40's when my husband and I had accumulated enough wealth to pay for it ourselves.

I had infertility issues and spoiled our miracle child to the max. We have produced a child whom we worship the ground she walks on. That is our mistake, not hers. I am just saying that parents who make the mistake we made of spoiling our children are doing their children a disservice because these children expect privileges that they take for granted and do not appreciate.

Just wait until these 6-10 year olds are old enough to plan a wedding and expect a $10,000 photographer, a $6,000 dress, etc. After all, they got mani/pedis at a young age. And their expectations increase exponentially as they get older.

I don't feel as though I owe BB an apology. I think she will thank me for my advice when her little girls who expect salon treatments grow to the age where they expect celebrity weddings.

i understand the point you are trying to make but the person just asked about salons in the area. she didn't ask for childrearing advice. we all have to make our own way in the world, making our own mistakes and creating our own successes. everyone has an opinion on how to raise their children. i just don't think there is one perfect way. i've known children who were raised in wealthy homes and spoiled and turned out fine. others, not so much. if only there was a manual that had all the answers!!!
 
Moms who provide spa treatments for their young children are only doing this for their own vanity. Doing so turns their young girls into little biotches who have unrealistic expectations. Like the 10-year-old wearing head-to-toe Tory Burch that our daughter photogged at a concert recently. Hope this little girl graduates from a top 50 university and makes a lot of money, or marries a rich dude, or inherits a lot of money. Otherwise she'll be into lots of disappointment and therapy because most people are not so privileged.

Don't shoot the messenger.

BTW my goal has never been to be a "lady." An intelligent female is constantly disparaged and has to constantly "prove herself" as being worthy. I'd rather be known as an intelligent human being which I am by all who know me. Thank God.
 
Moms who provide spa treatments for their young children are only doing this for their own vanity. Doing so turns their young girls into little biotches who have unrealistic expectations. Like the 10-year-old wearing head-to-toe Tory Burch that our daughter photogged at a concert recently. Hope this little girl graduates from a top 50 university and makes a lot of money, or marries a rich dude, or inherits a lot of money. Otherwise she'll be into lots of disappointment and therapy because most people are not so privileged.

Don't shoot the messenger.

BTW my goal has never been to be a "lady." An intelligent female is constantly disparaged and has to constantly "prove herself" as being worthy. I'd rather be known as an intelligent human being which I am by all who know me. Thank God.


You don't know BB from sickem' yet you feel that you have the right to call the little girls "biotches"? Who are you to throw out your holier than thou attitude when by your own admission you FAILED at raising your own child through your actions.....pahleese....

Intelligent female.....Ha..
 
Last edited:
Diggin_a_hole.gif
 
:violin::violin::violin:
While I am baffled this conversation is ongoing, I can not resist one last try. We heard about what happened to you and your child. Others have weathered these storms. I have one child-can have nomore and her father has died. Her rich grandmother took everything from her. I tried to give her everything I could to make her feel special and my daughter understood that I gave up for her. She was accepted into the hardest to get into schools in the country and graduates college in May. Some kids understand things later than others. Hopefully yours will learn this too and do well in life. So things do not always turn out bad when people are made to feel good about themselves. And the little girls are not "B's," they are just little girls.....
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top