• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Manners

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
What happend to manners in our society? I understand on a message board where you are looking for just the facts when you are asking a question, but in person, I think people should be less demanding with their requests. I quickly tire of people who are so demanding with their questions in person, like I am a paid concierge or something. One prime example is the lady who stopped in front a Publix today, backing up cars, rolls down her window and demands to know that Seagrover and I tell her where Pronto's Pizza is located. If she would have pulled out of the way of traffic and asked nicely, I may have told her that she was looking for a restaurant of a different name. "Where is Pronto's Pizza?" No hello, excuse me, I am hoping that you can help me with directions.

Soon, I will be sporting my new shirt which will read, "Do you want the $5 answer, $1 answer, or the free answer?"

If more people could ask like... :scratch:... Destiny, who so kindly asked me for some photos today, I would go a mile out of my way to help. Today, instead, I went secret shopping for some rude shoppers at Publix. ;-):lol:

muccawhore.gif
 
Next time, just point to your ears and act deaf. You can use your special finger to point if you wish.
 
Sueshore said:
Next time, just point to your ears and act deaf. You can use your special finger to point if you wish.


The "special finger" sounds so much better than "the" finger!
 
Heres a hanging curveball-what do you think of people who ask you a question but don't bother to lower the cellphone from their ear while they wait for your response? :pissed:
 
30A Skunkape said:
Heres a hanging curveball-what do you think of people who ask you a question but don't bother to lower the cellphone from their ear while they wait for your response? :pissed:

Huh? I can't hear you.
 
I like the "special" finger treatment too. Another good one is the ol' shoulder shrug, as in :idontno:!
 
30A Skunkape said:
Heres a hanging curveball-what do you think of people who ask you a question but don't bother to lower the cellphone from their ear while they wait for your response? :pissed:
Can you hold on a minute? I'm sorry, what did you say?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top