Smiling JOe
SoWal Expert
more on next post

I'll jump in here for a sec because I know you've solicited SJ's opinion, but...BrettMan said:The question becomes when to build - and I would love to hear some opinions. There are a few factors - one is the current building costs. Obviously, they are high right now and I think we'd end up paying somewhere around $300/sq ft to build today. What will the building costs look like in 18 months? More or less?
BrettMan said:SJ,
The longer we wait to finance a construction loan, the more we are likely to pay. So are we better off doing it now and paying lower interest and higher overall cost - or waiting in hopes that construction prices fall as building slows in the area (which I think will happen given the current market) and pay a higher rate?
Of course, we could wait and watch both building costs and interest rates rise - that wouldn't be fun.![]()
Or - we could have a fire sale and hope that we are one of the lucky 1% of lots that get a contract...
Thoughts?![]()
brettman said:we never intended to build
BrettMan said:The issue would really be that we'd be eating mac and cheese and raman noodles to have a beach house worth two-three times what our residence is worth - and using it probably a couple weeks out of the year. It's that first few years that might suck. But, at the end of the day - a beach house is what we really want anyway...