• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

marketing for Hammock Bay

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
So I see Hammock Bay has a new ad in this week's Walton Sun. It has a photo of someone kayaking, followed by, "Rush Hour on South Walton's North Shore." Hammock Bay is located in North Walton, on the southern edge, so wouldn't the accurate description be, "rush hour on North Walton's South Shore?" To be the North Shore of South Walton, you would actually have to be in South Walton, right? :idontno:
 
That is an interesting geographic question SJ :scratch: However, from a purely 50% rule, wouldn't the dividing line be north of Freeport if it is a distinctly north/south division. I know your point is that we all look at it from the point of north/south of the bay.

I guess this is up there with Coastal Highlands, anything to get them in the door. ;-)
 
That is an interesting geographic question SJ :scratch: However, from a purely 50% rule, wouldn't the dividing line be north of Freeport if it is a distinctly north/south division. I know your point is that we all look at it from the point of north/south of the bay.

I guess this is up there with Coastal Highlands, anything to get them in the door. ;-)
If the area north of Freeport is the geographic dividing line, Hammock Bay would be on neither the northern edge, nor the "northern shore" of SoWal.

As you note, everyone uses the Bay as the dividing line between SoWal and NoWal, so that wouldn't make any difference anyway, would it?
 
Last edited:
You have to wonder who on earth comes up with these taglines....
 
If the area north of Freeport is the geographic dividing line, Hammock Bay would be on neither the northern edge, nor the "northern shore" of SoWal.

As you note, everyone uses the Bay as the dividing line between SoWal and NoWal, so that wouldn't make any difference anyway, would it?

I guess the accurate description would be the "northern shore of the largest body of water in the southern half of Walton County." :biggrin:

I think it only matters to the ones marketing the property and that probably has a little better appeal than "the Outskirts of Freeport." ;-)
 
:clap: Maybe they could start using the term, "SoNo." (Southern North Walton)

:floor: SoNo!!!! ...my first thought when I read this thread was :blink: , I be confused!
 
If the area north of Freeport is the geographic dividing line, Hammock Bay would be on neither the northern edge, nor the "northern shore" of SoWal.

As you note, everyone uses the Bay as the dividing line between SoWal and NoWal, so that wouldn't make any difference anyway, would it?

YouTube - Miss Teen South Carolina


.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top