• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

marketing questions?

New posts
I would be interested in seeing how you quantify the effect marketing has on a business. We spend a lot of public money on "branding" and "campaigns" and I'd love to know if there is any accountability/way to quantify returns.

p.s. I hate THE Beach!
 
Hi Scooterbug!!!

Firstly, I want to again state that I have nothing to do with the Beach campaign.

And man almighty, if I did I would have to be an idiot/sadomasochist to be on this forum.

And in terms of public dollars, I truly have nothing to say about that either, as that is not at all what I do (more of a political commentary).

I AM VERY happy with narrowing in on your original question and blogging about how someone can develop a marketing plan that is trackable- this is a great idea.

Thank you Scooterbug. I hope this thread can somehow get off the beach subject, as I am starting to think someone is following me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested in seeing how you quantify the effect marketing has on a business. We spend a lot of public money on "branding" and "campaigns" and I'd love to know if there is any accountability/way to quantify returns.

p.s. I hate THE Beach!

Your not going to get a line by line report of dollars spent vs. dollars made. However there are many ways to track marketing plans. Using the web is one way and once you throw in a properly designed website, the information is endless.
 
A great place to start with your blog might be with some low- or no-cost ways for a business to get its message out to the masses.
 
Last edited:
I'm new to your board, but familiar with 30A ... and work in marketing for a Fortune 500 company with dozens of global brands.

A couple of thoughts ... not as 30A specific:

How about the amazingly short tenure of CMO's at Fortune 500 companies. What causes this?

How about a POV on the right way to use location based services and balancing marketing benefits versus privacy concerns

How about how marketers can use the downturn in the economy with really depressed media rates to create long-term (3-5 year) competitive advantage
 
I'm new to your board, but familiar with 30A ... and work in marketing for a Fortune 500 company with dozens of global brands.

....curious as to what you think of THE™ Beach marketing strategy. Maybe just because I'm a lowly consumer, or too close to the action, and not directly "in the biz" that I'm missing something.
 
Shelly:

Your mole just called. He (or she) is waiting for you in that deep, dark hole you call home and best operate in, you miserably negtive moron. I know that's pretty strong language for sowal.com but I, for one, am so over your doom-and-gloom morosity. You are certifiably the best at celebrating the worst.

Congrats, for what it's worth. Have a wonderful day.

Love & Kisses,

Me.

I have to agree with SHELLY, THE? Beach sucks. How can you do better than The Emerald Coast? Suppose you had never been to this area, which one would pique your interest and compell you to further investigate the area?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top