• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Master's Degree online?

New posts

Sea Sothebys

Beach Lover
I am considering getting my Master's degree. Has anyone on Sowal had an online education experience in a masters program?
 
No, but I have taken a couple of continuing education classes online. They are okay, but I miss the interaction that you would receive from being in a physical classroom with people. That is half of the education, IMO. Anyone can learn the how-to's from reading a book or reading on the web, so I understand the cut to the chase. I just prefer a classroom setting with good, intelligent interaction. I think there is good potential in the future for live, online classes using web cams to see other students and hear their questions and the teachers' responses. We aren't quite there yet, but one day soon, we will be.
 
I am enrolled at the University of West Florida online, graduate classes that I am taking are expensive (around $750 for a 3 credit class). No web-cams used so far, and I am on my last class before a practicum. We use discussions, power point lectures and texts. Call UWF for more info, or to see if they offer your major online. NOTE: Classes at UF were twice the price!
 
:lolabove: Sorry, I am a dork and didn't realize that when I use BobbyJ's computer, that he is automatically signed in. The above post was me, not Bobby J. He is in no way enrolled at UWF. :bang:
 
Columbia College has a great on-line program. Several colleagues of mine have attained their master's through their program.
 
How much is your budget?

UF offers a "world class" online MBA, either in a one or two year program depending on relevant work experience, for around $35,000. Yes, it's the same degree you'd get by sitting in class... minus the relationship opportunities.

On a smaller budget you can get a very well respected MBA totally online from many other schools in the Southeast, some programs don't differentiate between in-state and out-of-state for tuition. One of the better programs that I know of is at Kennesaw State University in Georgia, the Coles School of Business is developing a super reputation and has a two year online MBA that runs around $16,000. I'm actually considering it for myself when I finish up my undergrad degree - I was stupid when I was younger and "took a quarter off" and never went back until last year. I'm hoping I can finish up before my oldest child who is dual enrolled at OWC this year.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top