• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Meadows Misinformation

New posts
So the folks who are not Republicans and posting here would have preferred to ONLY have Republicans running so that there wasn't a chance at ALL for a NON Republican to serve in the office?

Wow this is convoluted. I understand the universal primary idea but most of the time voters who are not republicans like having someone other than a republican to vote for in November so I am having a super hard time following your logic.


Yeah to what LakeViewToo said below you.
 
Changing my affiliation gave me the opportunity to vote for the right candidate and reject the wrong candidate in the Republican Primary. With the added bonus of being counted as one of the millions of Republicans who reject Donald Trump. Ain't Democracy Grand!!!


And you can always switch back after the Primaries! :)
 
Nobody is being disenfranchised by a "no party" candidate running...people of other parties can vote in November election where there will be choices for all voters...and frankly the presence of an NP candidate gives voters more of a say because more people vote in November than August.

So the comments seriously confuse me....

Doesn't anyone have the right to run for office as long as the candidate meets the qualifications? Also....There are no party candidates running in all races except Tax Collector. Is it all a conspiracy ?

If Democrats want more of a say in local politics why not start a local Democratic Party? What happened to the party?

You did not have to change your party affiliation. You could have voted in the general election....I am confused....party primaries are pretty much normal all across America....

Don't be pinheads, not even puppets are that dumb.
 
You did not have to change your party affiliation. You could have voted in the general election....I am confused....party primaries are pretty much normal all across America....

So, to make sure you don't stay confused, I changed my affiliation, and a whole of other people changed their affiliation, to be able to reject the candidate in the Republican primary who fails to have the governmental experience, the educational requirements, and the concern for the welfare of the residents and visitors of South Walton County.
 
So, to make sure you don't stay confused, I changed my affiliation, and a whole of other people changed their affiliation, to be able to reject the candidate in the Republican primary who fails to have the governmental experience, the educational requirements, and the concern for the welfare of the residents and visitors of South Walton County.

I believe around 1000+ did the same thing...
 
I think the Incorporation Movement is looking for nonpartisan elections for the council seats, should that move forward.

I believe that is one of the main reasons the movement continues to move as it unites both Dem and Rep (Indy too) and it also is probably frouned upon by the establishment local repubs.

It's funny, while I've met a lot of Dems here locally, we disagree on a global level, but see many similarities locally...

Something to think about.
 
I don't see the Visions group only in favor of incorporation, but I may be naive. I think it's looking for solutions. And this election cycle is breaking down Dem-Rep divisions in absolutely curious way, nationally and here at home.
 
I don't see the Visions group only in favor of incorporation, but I may be naive. I think it's looking for solutions. And this election cycle is breaking down Dem-Rep divisions in absolutely curious way, nationally and here at home.


I think for the first time in about 30 years the "good ole boys" in Walton County are scared too. The change in parties to vote in the primaries has been huge as compared to years past. I think allot of folks are just disgusted and have had enough. I've seen more negative comments about current Commissioners (not the ads and stuff just people) on Facebook than I ever recall seeing in the past. The "good ole boy" groups are pockets of folks now rather than packs of them or half to 3/4 the county. I think the lawsuits have been a wake up call and as much as I disagree with Our Generation the ads assuredly woke folks up.
 
I think for the first time in about 30 years the "good ole boys" in Walton County are scared too. The change in parties to vote in the primaries has been huge as compared to years past. I think allot of folks are just disgusted and have had enough. I've seen more negative comments about current Commissioners (not the ads and stuff just people) on Facebook than I ever recall seeing in the past. The "good ole boy" groups are pockets of folks now rather than packs of them or half to 3/4 the county. I think the lawsuits have been a wake up call and as much as I disagree with Our Generation the ads assuredly woke folks up.

Your post is an eloquent way of saying; to quote the late great Waren Zevon (Lawyers, Guns and Money), " ...the s**t has hit the fan..."

Hopefully we can be one voice and form a better Community...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top