• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mediacom email problem

New posts
They have been upgrading the system. I have received mails, but someone just sent a text that he sent an email and I haven't received it, yet. Have sent myself a 'test' mail and haven't received it either. Maybe it will be up soon!
 
Found this somewhere.
Followed the instructions and it worked!

But we changed it back because we are concerned that if we make the change ourselves we may lose all the old emails that haven't come to us yet .....

Here are the changes we made:

Incoming
mail.mediacombb.net
SSL
Port 995

Outgoing
mail.mediacombb.net
SSL
Port 465
 
how about using gmail or yahoo with cloud based storage?


We have set up a gmail account and that's great for now and perhaps the future. However, the concern is all the emails that are lost out there somewhere. Thanks for the suggestion!
 
New Mediacom e-mail hits snag
Customers not receiving e-mails as provider upgrades service
Andy Piper TH staff writer

Mediacom advised its e-mail customers at the end of November and again in early December that a service upgrade was coming, and to please be patient, there could be some delays.
As Mediacom began the transition from its former servers to the new, some customers Thursday discovered they could send but not receive e-mail or vice versa. Many have found duplicate and old e-mails arriving in their in-boxes.
Patience quickly waned as the problem persisted into Friday, and it could be sometime Sunday before things are running smoothly, according to Mediacom Spokeswoman Phyllis Peters.
Turn to tomorrow's TH for the full story.


TH - Top News Article
 
My email is so broken that I can't even log in to see what I am not getting!
 
I am having a problem sending email out on Mediacom - I have not been able to send out email for the last five days - Is it just me are there others in Sowal with the problem.
FOURDOOR
 
You're lucky

I can finally send email but receiving is hit and miss - except for the 100 junk emails and numerous other junk emails that actually are hitting my inbox. I am about ready to switch to gmail or yahoo.
 
I am having a problem sending email out on Mediacom - I have not been able to send out email for the last five days - Is it just me are there others in Sowal with the problem.
FOURDOOR
You aren't the only one. Mediacom has been "upgrading and improving" our email for the past week or so. I was out for 3 days, still having some trouble. I am really getting a LOT of junk email all of a sudden. Some upgrade! :bang:
 
Mediacom Email

As of Sunday 6.00 PM EST Mediacom had made great progress and emails were being delivered without significant delay. Early Monday morning Mediacom experienced renewed efforts from spammers to infiltrate the system.

We are currently experiencing network congestion on our mail servers impacted by an increase in spam traffic. This congestion is causing emails to be delivered intermittently with a delay typically ranging from a few minutes up to 15 minutes. There are cases where email delivery may take a few hours.

Currently, some providers have placed Mediacom on a blacklist due to spam traffic. We are currently working with these providers to remove Mediacom from the blacklist as well as addressing the spam concerns to avoid a repeated action. We expect most of the blacklist issues to be resolved within the next 1 to 2 business days. The Top blocked sites are AOL, Hotmail/MSN, Yahoo, and Frontier.

Additionally, we are currently being blocked by some mail providers also related to spam activity which could result in outbound mail being returned with error.

Mediacom email is being received or delivered and is NOT lost.

The Mediacom team has this as its highest priority and is working round the clock to eliminate these issues.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and will continue to update as progress is being made. "
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top