Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.
Took me 30 minutes to get through and finally am back up and running - the tech told me they are having problems in Florida, Georgia and Illinois with getting to many sites that are secure - Service is still sporadic and slow by me..
3 years with centurytel only a few problems. i just got a $21 offer from mediacom for 1 year of net and 1 year of phone but i think i'll pass even though it saves me $$60 amonth. mediacom seems like its having problems many providers had in the 1990's. i have comcast in my regular home and in 7 years maybe 2 outages
Carol G, 3Mbps is about the speed of my phone being used as a tethered modem. Seems really slow compared to 12Mbps, even though it "never goes out." I'm surprised you are able to stream movies at that speed.
I know it sounds slow, I was worried that it would be when I signed up, but it's been over a year now, and I am really impressed with how well it works. I can stream Netflix on my computer and on my TV via my Playstation, and it is just fine. It takes maybe 10- 15 seconds for the movie to load at first, and then no problem with playback. Webpages open very quickly. Upload speeds are fine for my needs. I am sure it would make a difference depending on your internet needs/usage, but for a casual user like me, DSL is the way to go when the only other option is Mediacom.
When I had Mediacom I had at least weekly sessions of unplugging, resetting, replugging, endless waiting, cursing, and finally getting frustrated enough to call customer service, only to have to do it all over again with the luck-of-the-draw service rep listening in on the other end, who may or may not be able to help. It was awful, and often happened daily. I never ever have that problem any more, and it such a relief. I go to my computer, wake it up, and within a minute, I'm online. No fuss. Worth every penny.
There are still isolated signal strength issues related to a generator that went down in Georgia last month. This was the cause of the problems for those of you having Mediacom internet connectivity issues. The only way for them to identify and repair continuing issues is for you to call in and report them so that they can send out their maintenance team.